5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cross Bars on Bed with Tonneau Cover

Brrryan

Reaction score
Anybody have a set of crossbars installed over their tonneau cover?I have a low profile cover (mounts inside the rail) and I’m looking to install these without drilling into the rail. I’ve seen a few different things across other truck platforms, but was hoping someone here has done it. Below is a shot of what I’m looking for to give an idea. I like the way this mounts, I’d just prefer to use a Thule or Rhino type crossbar.

78CB1317-1C7B-44D0-9456-89D52DE55F0F.jpeg

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don not have one but I wish I would have spent the extra money and went this route.

The Retrax Pro XR Series combines the PRO MX with the integrated Trax Rail System that allows for unique and personal customization above your tonneau cover. The RetraxPRO XR, our premium Aluminum Series cover, combines industrial strength aluminum construction with an incredibly resilient matte finish.

The XR Series optimizes cargo capacity with the cover open or closed, providing the ultimate versatility in cargo management. The Trax Rail System will work with most T-slot accessories from Yakima, Thule, Rhino Rack and many more offering endless possibilities. (Accessories Sold Separately)

Pairing the Trax Rail System with accessories offers double the cargo capacity. This unique technology frees up the hitch with the ability to mount bikes, coolers, outdoor gear and more on top of the bed cover by combining the Trax Rail System with the t-slot accessories.

images_brand_product-images_retrax_pro-xr_RX_ProXR_TraxRail_RAM19_Red_01Thule-ProRide-Bike-Rac...jpg

Brrryan

Reaction score
That’s a killer system for sure. Wish I could justify spending that much on it

Users who are viewing this thread