5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crew Cab reclining rear seat

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Folding it down is worthless, does not fold down flat, just kinda bounces
Folding down is ONLY intended for access (e.g. subwoofer, eTorque battery, reclining seat mechanism). For storage, you’d (obviously) fold the seat bottom up.

V509

Reaction score
Folding down is ONLY intended for access (e.g. subwoofer, eTorque battery, reclining seat mechanism). For storage, you’d (obviously) fold the seat bottom up.
Correct, there is no reason to fold them down

jchickman

Reaction score
I apologize if I wasn't clear. I was asking if anyone has attempted adding the reclining seat function to a Big Horn, not how to fold down the seat.

MacFly

Reaction score
I see no reason to want it
Well then I guess this thread isn't for you, then is it. Not trying to be a ****, but some of us want different functionality out of our trucks. Some of us would like to try to add this feature to our trucks without going up trim levels just for the seats. You do you with your truck, and we'll do us with ours.

V509

Reaction score
Well then I guess this thread isn't for you, then is it. Not trying to be a ****, but some of us want different functionality out of our trucks. Some of us would like to try to add this feature to our trucks without going up trim levels just for the seats. You do you with your truck, and we'll do us with ours.
Well well well. I sure did not mean to offend but what I meant was that the seats do not look forward far enough to be flat they kind of sat there at a 30° angle it’s not a feature it is just something that they do but has absolutely no benefit to the driver or occupants

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well well well. I sure did not mean to offend but what I meant was that the seats do not look forward far enough to be flat they kind of sat there at a 30° angle it’s not a feature it is just something that they do but has absolutely no benefit to the driver or occupants
I think you’re missing the point. You’re the only one talking about folding seats down. The OP is asking about reclining seats, which is entirely different. The higher-end trims have reclining rear seats, and they’re very comfortable for long trips.

To @MacFly - you might want to look at a truck on the dealer lot with reclining rear seats. It’s just a mechanical feature (no electronics), so I don’t know why you couldn’t swap seat frames from a higher trim to add this feature.

MacFly

Reaction score
I think you’re missing the point. You’re the only one talking about folding seats down. The OP is asking about reclining seats, which is entirely different. The higher-end trims have reclining rear seats, and they’re very comfortable for long trips.

To @MacFly - you might want to look at a truck on the dealer lot with reclining rear seats. It’s just a mechanical feature (no electronics), so I don’t know why you couldn’t swap seat frames from a higher trim to add this feature.
I have looked in person, and that's why I've asked on this thread and others if anyone has had any luck just swapping the frames, but no one has ever answered. If that's all it takes, I'll gladly start looking through junkyards to find what I need.

moparleo51

Reaction score
coming from a big horn to my laramie that has these rear seats, i can tell you its a nice feature for your family that will be riding in the back for longer trips, my 2 step sons already have used this and said it was better than before,(note: they are 6"2 and 6"1 )
You will love it.
i

MacFly

Reaction score
coming from a big horn to my laramie that has these rear seats, i can tell you its a nice feature for your family that will be riding in the back for longer trips, my 2 step sons already have used this and said it was better than before,(note: they are 6"2 and 6"1 )

i
Exactly why I want the reclining seats for the back, both my parents are elderly and have back problems, I just want them to be as comfortable as possible on long trips.

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Same reason I got rid my 2019 Laramie quad cab . I’m 6’3 and finally sat in the back seat.
Realize as good a truck it was I needed the leg room more than the 6 1/2 foot bed. And I upgraded to the Limited

Custompainter99

Reaction score
To answer your question:

1. No they cannot fold flat no matter what trim. My Laramie folds up as well (so did my F150, I think this is fairly standard out there for pickups). The seat back can be tilted for servicing purposes only and does not come close to flat.

2. The 3 fabric loops are anchor points for the “latch” system which is used for car seats.
there is a "Hack" where you can cut the brackets and they will fold flat..... use the search function and look for folding rear seat.

Fauji Rebel

Reaction score
I have looked in person, and that's why I've asked on this thread and others if anyone has had any luck just swapping the frames, but no one has ever answered. If that's all it takes, I'll gladly start looking through junkyards to find what I need.
I am interested in converting the rear seats in the rebel to sliding ones. Keep us posted and let us know.

Users who are viewing this thread