5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crew Cab reclining rear seat

alow

Reaction score
I forgot to check this when test driving, How do you recline the rear seats in the crew cabs? Is it a lever or a strap pull?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I forgot to check this when test driving, How do you recline the rear seats in the crew cabs? Is it a lever or a strap pull?
The recliner handle is located on the front of the rear outboard seat cushions. To adjust the seat back, lift upward on the handle, and slide the seat bottom forward. The lower portion of the seat back will tilt rearward. When you reach the desired position, release the handle.
(Per the owner's manual, page 45.)

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You're going to love then, I would say the backseats in truck has been forgotten in comparison t what ford and GM has worked on the front. But to be able to have cooled and reclining rear seats with a padded armrest...like we've all said; Game changer

Rayzram

Reaction score
LOVE my slide/recline seats. So happy I shopped hard for the features I wanted and settled for nothing less. This laramie Crew is 100% everything I wanted, and these rear seat are the bomb for passengers and their comfort.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
LOVE my slide/recline seats. So happy I shopped hard for the features I wanted and settled for nothing less. This laramie Crew is 100% everything I wanted, and these rear seat are the bomb for passengers and their comfort.
Agree!

Leedravidzius

Reaction score
Good to know that there are approximately 8 positions of recline for the rear seats. Videos on you tube show only straight up or full recline. I would also like to see the etorque battery location behind the rear seat.

sgk

Reaction score
Good to know that there are approximately 8 positions of recline for the rear seats. Videos on you tube show only straight up or full recline.

I never counted all 8 but I know there's many, however, its not easy to say " let me recline this 2 positions or 5 positions" I would consider it as 3, upright, fully reclined and after you accidentally recline all the way you gently go back slightly for your "medium" setting.
I don't spend much time in the back but even 3 settings would be awesome 8 is just awesomer.

Leedravidzius

Reaction score
Thanks SGK, that sounds about how it would feel, not an exact visual setting, more a feel to what a person likes as a backseat traveler.

tonyplants

Reaction score
Good to know that there are approximately 8 positions of recline for the rear seats. Videos on you tube show only straight up or full recline. I would also like to see the etorque battery location behind the rear seat.
Here's the "suitcase"

Attachments

• 20181215_124237.jpg
    20181215_124237.jpg
    605.5 KB · Views: 456
  • 20181215_124242.jpg
    20181215_124242.jpg
    891.3 KB · Views: 433

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
sorry for this question but how did you get that back to tilt down?

Pull down the center console and reach up behind the seat. There is a thin string/rope you can pull you pull down the back of the seats.

tonyplants

Reaction score
sorry for this question but how did you get that back to tilt down?
Easiest way is to fold down center seat, reach behind either seat and locate what feels like a shoe string. You may have to fish around for it. Pull it either way 90 or 270 degrees, should pop seat lock out...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread