5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crew Cab length and garages

HannibalofCarthage

Reaction score
I didn't even bother to try, my Durango fit ok but this monster is much longer and taller so the wife gets the garage now

RT70808

Reaction score
Mine barely fits, and I closed the door on the bumper yesterday. Did quite a lot of damage.
You might want to change the position of your garage door sensors, move them from the 6” off the floor to bumper height. My garage door opener was ancient and didn’t have them was always paranoid when I pulled in to do oil changes and wax. I recently installed a new opener that came with sensors. No way my ram fits in my garage, but my wife’s car lives in it unless I need to use it for something.

ncsu92

Reaction score
Mine will not fit into my garage. Hurricane Florence is hitting this weekend so my truck is in the parking deck at the airport. Worth $10/day for a couple of days to keep is safe.

MWLRam

Reaction score
My townhome has a garage, it's about 237.5 inches long. I read online that the Ram crew cab is 232.9 inches long. However after adjusting for the garage door hinges and whatnot I have about 235 inches of usable space. Has or does anyone park their truck in the garage with little room for error. It gives me 2.1 inches of wiggle room.
Is the truck actually that length? Any ideas or responses/insights would be greatly appreciated.
I have the same issue, 3 inches total clearance. Right now I have a piece of dense carpet pad against the front wall. I get super close, put it in neutral, push it up tight, set the ebrake. Works but a real pain. I'm thinking about building a truck width frame from 2x4s that sits on the floor and flushes up to the wall. Just let the truck ease up against it until tires hit.

mjw930

Reaction score
Drive the truck in and position it about 2” from the wall “use a 2x4 or some other soft item to space it back”. Take a large plastic wheel chock, place it firmly in front of one of the front tires and mark it’s position. Leave it there then back the truck out. Use a tapcon or some other concrete anchor to fix the wheel chock in place. Now, simply drive the truck slowly into its parking space until it’s forward motion is stopped by the wheel chock. Perfect positioning every time.

Jro

Reaction score
Mine fits fine lengthwise with about two or three inches to spare.
My main concern was height though, as these trucks sit pretty high (specially the 4x4s), and I barely clear the top of the shark fin to the bottom of my garage door with about 3/4" to spare in normal ride height. I had my wife and kids spotting the roof of the truck the first time I put it in. It was nerve wrecking :D

View attachment 4027

My old garage looked like this. I had to have bricks shaved at a 45 deg angle at a certain width to ensure i would be backed in completely, but not drive through the wall. Ended up with about 1/2" clearance on the house side (backed in) and about 1" in front of bumper. If i wasn't touching both bricks, garage door wouldn't clear. I actually did this poorly several times, but door didn't damage truck. It would just tap and go back up or slide around bumper. This was for a truck without a camera or backup sensor - would be much easier today. But the brick idea could be helpful to some. Was an easy fix.

GreyGoat

Reaction score
I was finally able to squeeze my truck into the garage once I took off the front license plate bracket. Not exactly the preferred solution with the local PD, but it is not strictly enforced... (knock on wood)

d_THRILL

Reaction score
I back into my garage and get within an inch of the wall in the rear and am left with about 2-3 inches in the front of the truck where the garage door comes down. The good thing about our rear back up camera is it's super crisp and the magnification allows you to get really close. It can be scary with a "dirty camera" but patience is a virtue. If it comes down to inches for you and you're worried, take a look at these wheel stops on amazon..... https://www.amazon.com/BUNKERWALL-R...r=8-1-spons&keywords=garage+wheel+stops&psc=1 (sorry for the pic of a Ford....)

Attachments

• 814NtbPzVPL._SL1500_.jpg
    814NtbPzVPL._SL1500_.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 33

jptsr1

Reaction score
Don't know the measurements but my 14 didn't fit with the door falling right on my rear bumper. My 19 doesn't fit with the door falling 3 inches into the bed.

Bellpa

Reaction score
My wife and I are currently shopping for a new house and my portion of the search involves the inclusion of an existing garage that will fit my 19 Ram or the lot for me to build one that fits my truck! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/