5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crew cab Back seat cover for dogs?

Charon

Reaction score
Anyone have a back seat cover that fits well? I imagine most of them are a bit small for our trucks.

Matthbert5150

Reaction score
I use this one. When I ordered it, it was on sale for $99
b3642c2dcfcb59813f3f9c911ea73dd4.jpg

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Rambox, 5.7l 4x4 3.92, Pano Sunroof, level 2 w/ 12", black appearance package, adv. Safety group, Power running boards, full ceramic tint
6" ProComp Stage 1 lift kit with 35x12.50r20 Nitto Ridge Grappler tires
20x10 - 24 fuel hostage wheels
Tazer DT, Lomax cover, Bed Rug.

*Future Mods"
Borla s-type exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Can

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I use this one. When I ordered it, it was on sale for $99
b3642c2dcfcb59813f3f9c911ea73dd4.jpg

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Rambox, 5.7l 4x4 3.92, Pano Sunroof, level 2 w/ 12", black appearance package, adv. Safety group, Power running boards, full ceramic tint

*Future Mods"

Curious as to why you would not just raise the seats and put down a dog bed instead? I'm wrestling with this vs a seat cover option also as I have two large dogs.

James1414d

Reaction score
I have a similar cover for my little dogs. When I have the seats up they try to get into the front area. When the seats down they are fine laying on it. Not sure why. Also, I dont really trust those seats to stay up during a hard stop or something. I also got a handy little net that clips onto the headrests and down to the bottom of the seats.

Attachments

• 15735904843612267842192426151226.jpg
    15735904843612267842192426151226.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 188

Matthbert5150

Reaction score
Curious as to why you would not just raise the seats and put down a dog bed instead? I'm wrestling with this vs a seat cover option also as I have two large dogs.
Because I use this as a seat protector for my kids car seats and their messes. It works great for the dogs as well. Besides, the sling feature it has helps keep the dogs in place and helps prevent damage to the back of the seat.

*Future Mods"

Charon

Reaction score
I'm traveling across the country I'll be using the under seat storage for sure. The seats are definitely big enough for my dog to be comfortable.

Cravenfan

Reaction score

I won't have a picture until later in the week...but because my 80lb Golden is a goofball and loves to stick his head out the rear sliding window at people behind us, when we stop at a light. I open the rear window and he springs into action. He also enjoys sticking his head out the passenger window, although I only put that down about 1/2 way.

He'll have a more room in this back, than in my current truck. But, I use a very similar seat cover to the above and supplement it with a few black towels here and there, one definitely catching dog slobber spread across the top of the middle back seat headrest. Golden Retriever hair and a black interior, do not mix, but he LOVES going for rides in my truck.

Matthbert5150

Reaction score
I won't have a picture until later in the week...but because my 80lb Golden is a goofball and loves to stick his head out the rear sliding window at people behind us, when we stop at a light. I open the rear window and he springs into action. He also enjoys sticking his head out the passenger window, although I only put that down about 1/2 way.

He'll have a more room in this back, than in my current truck. But, I use a very similar seat cover to the above and supplement it with a few black towels here and there, one definitely catching dog slobber spread across the top of the middle back seat headrest. Golden Retriever hair and a black interior, do not mix, but he LOVES going for rides in my truck.
The one I use even has wings I. The side to protect your door panels. It's a great investment

*Future Mods"

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Yea in my old truck, my black lab liked to do that and he managed to jump through the back slider window into the bed when I was going down the interstate. Kind of scary, didn't think he would ever be able to do that.

Cravenfan

Reaction score
Yea in my old truck, my black lab liked to do that and he managed to jump through the back slider window into the bed when I was going down the interstate. Kind of scary, didn't think he would ever be able to do that.

Wow, that would be scary. I think GUS is too big for that, but will keep in mind.

Attachments

• 3C34FD99-94F8-42CA-8936-616296D68540.jpeg
    3C34FD99-94F8-42CA-8936-616296D68540.jpeg
    172 KB · Views: 137

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Besides a seat cover, dogs should be strapped in with a harness made for a dog. I'm sure a lot of people do not want to restrict their dog from moving around. However, in the event of an accident, that unharnessed dog, no matter how big or small, becomes a projectile. Not only can the dog be injured or killed but the people in the vehicle could be also.

TimG

Reaction score
I have a similar cover for my little dogs. When I have the seats up they try to get into the front area. When the seats down they are fine laying on it. Not sure why. Also, I dont really trust those seats to stay up during a hard stop or something. I also got a handy little net that clips onto the headrests and down to the bottom of the seats.
James, where did you get that net? My 100 pound goober insists on trying to climb up with me when I'm driving and that looks like the perfect solution!
-Tim

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Besides a seat cover, dogs should be strapped in with a harness made for a dog. I'm sure a lot of people do not want to restrict their dog from moving around. However, in the event of an accident, that unharnessed dog, no matter how big or small, becomes a projectile. Not only can the dog be injured or killed but the people in the vehicle could be also.

Agree on this but have never done this. What harness do you like to use?

19TXLimited

Reaction score
Subd to see what everyone is using. Have two labs and although they don't go for rides often I would like to have proper protection when they do.

Cravenfan

Reaction score

I like this...will help with him not gouging the arm rest...I'm getting this, but can't strap him in...he's a free spirit! Needs to be able to stick his head out the side passenger window and the back and I'm thinking a harness will get him all tangled up. I hear ya above about an 80lb projectile...just not sure how to solve for it. He LOVES going in the truck.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agree on this but have never done this. What harness do you like to use?

I have two pugs. The male weighs 20 pounds and the female weighs 18 pounds. Each has their own harness that is made especially for transport in a vehicle and clips on to the seat/shoulder belt in the rear seat. Each harness has a padded area that fastens around their chests. I have had the harnesses for a long time and do not know what brand they are. However, most pet stores sell these type of harnesses in different sizes for small to large dogs. I'm sure they are also available online. There are many different brands. You need one that allows your dog to sit or lay down on the seat but, in an accident, will restrain the dog from sliding forward, sideways or even off the seat.

Dire Wolf

Reaction score
I use this one. One of my pooches pukes occasionally and keeping the sides up prevents him from doing that between the seat and the door. Also use this harness and headrest attachment. Don't like the ones that attach to the seatbelt... They get tangled in them.

19TXLimited

Reaction score
I use this one. One of my pooches pukes occasionally and keeping the sides up prevents him from doing that between the seat and the door. Also use this harness and headrest attachment. Don't like the ones that attach to the seatbelt... They get tangled in them.

Do you by chance have a picture of the seat cover installed in your 5th gen? I would love to see how much coverage this provides and the true quality of the product...for the price this may be the way I go. I have a hammock style cover, but it does not offer near this amount of coverage and does not quite fit in the ram.

Users who are viewing this thread