5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crew Cab (5.7ft Bed) Truck Cover

Jwhitty27

Reaction score
Does anyone have good recommendations for a truck cover to protect my paint and rubber trims from the sun?

I recently got a company vehicle and my truck is going to be sitting in my driveway most of the week. Unfortunately, there isn't much shade at my house from 12-6PM so I'd like to cover it while it sits during the day.

Thanks for the reply!

Limo21

Reaction score
I use a "car" cover on my 2021 Ram (crew cab with 5'7" bed). I purchased it from Carcover.com. It is the Gold Shield 5L.

I'm attaching the link:

I fits best with the side mirrors folded in. Other than that, I love.

Jwhitty27

Reaction score
I use a "car" cover on my 2021 Ram (crew cab with 5'7" bed). I purchased it from Carcover.com. It is the Gold Shield 5L.

I'm attaching the link:

I fits best with the side mirrors folded in. Other than that, I love.
How long have you had it? I've see some complaints about these covers failing in 2 months with the fleece liner leaving dust residue over the vehicle. Have you had experience with this?

Limo21

Reaction score
I started using the cover as soon as my Ram was delivered (end of May). The truck is under partial shade from Mid-afternoon on. There is some dust left on the vehicle, but after a wash I haven't seen any marks in the paint. In the heat and sun in Arizona, I don't think buying the $500+ car cover will fair any better. So far, the cover is holding up great.

As a side note...prior to buying my Ram I had 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser. At the time I was living in Califorina (South Orange County) where the temps are a lot milder. Since the FJ sat outside, I ordered a more expensive car cover from a different company (Covercraft.com). It barely lasted three years before it fell apart. I then ordered a less expensive cover from Carcover.com for the FJ and it lasted (w/o any rips) until I sold the FJ back in March. The "cheaper" cover was almost four years old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online