5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creaky Brake Pedal

gwatt86

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Bighorn that I bought used. After I bought it, I’ve been hearing a noise when I press the brake pedal. It’s like a creaking noise right as I apply the smallest amount of pressure. I’ve tried spraying some 3-1 oil but I can’t quite locate where it’s coming from. Anyone else have this?? Thanks!

JCK_25

Reaction score
Here’s a video of the noise:
I had similar issues w/my 2019 Bighorn. It would happen on cold/wet mornings as I was backing out of the driveway. Sounded like a squeel some days or a train whistle on others. Check out the attached service bulletin to see if this might by your problem as well. Dealer made all the repairs that's mentioned at the top of page 2 and haven't had any issues since. Repairs should all be free of charge as well. View attachment Service Bulletin 05-001-19 REV. A. - 11.22.19.pdf

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

gwatt86

Reaction score
I had similar issues w/my 2019 Bighorn. It would happen on cold/wet mornings as I was backing out of the driveway. Sounded like a squeel some days or a train whistle on others. Check out the attached service bulletin to see if this might by your problem as well. Dealer made all the repairs that's mentioned at the top of page 2 and haven't had any issues since. Repairs should all be free of charge as well. View attachment 94624

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
So this is actually separate of that. I have this issue too. This noise is literally on the brake pedal itself in the truck. My truck isn’t even running in the video. I’m not sure if it has something to do with the brake pedal adjustment or what but I’m not even pressing the pedal hard enough to make the brake light come on.

dreinert

Reaction score
Gwatt - Did you ever have any luck getting this resolved? I have the same with my 2019 and have for along time. Finally got around thinking I would just apply some lithium grease but that definitely didn't resolve it or change anything for that matter.

Thanks,

Dallas

gwatt86

Reaction score
Gwatt - Did you ever have any luck getting this resolved? I have the same with my 2019 and have for along time. Finally got around thinking I would just apply some lithium grease but that definitely didn't resolve it or change anything for that matter.

Thanks,

Dallas
Yes. The silicone lube worked great. The noise was coming from higher up on the brake pedal extender. It’s been two weeks now since spraying it and it hasn’t come back.

Str8Cracker

Reaction score
My 2019 never had this issue but wow does my 2021. It drives me crazy and will be the first service appointment for my 2021.

Users who are viewing this thread