5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creaking Brake Pedal

jellis466

Reaction score
Has anyone else had this issue of a very annoying creaking noise coming from the brake pedal when pressing it? I greased all the pivot points to no avail. Will try some spray grease later. Has anyone with this issue found a solution to it?
Thanks

marin

Reaction score
I had the same issue when I first bought the truck. It took me multiple visits to convince the dealership that it is not the shifter lock actuator and that it is coming from the brake pedal. In the end they replaced the rubber boot and it corrected the issue. I can see if I have the receipt from that visit if you need, there might be a part number on it.

Hope this helps.

Vol4Life

Reaction score
Has anyone else had this issue of a very annoying creaking noise coming from the brake pedal when pressing it? I greased all the pivot points to no avail. Will try some spray grease later. Has anyone with this issue found a solution to it?
Thanks
Mine started doing the exact same thing a few weeks ago (bought the truck 12/31/21). So annoying. Let me know what you find out.

gwatt86

Reaction score
I had this issue and sprayed silicone lube around all the joints, especially up near the top where it extends back and forth. Took care of my creaking.

Users who are viewing this thread