5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creak sound behind screen when going over bumps.

Lee07

Reaction score
Currently at 5,600 miles and I notice when I drive and go over small bumps or if the pavement isn’t level i can hear a creak sound coming from behind the screen. Sounds like plastic rubbing up against each other. I think it is the plastic dash material and the screen rubbing against each other. When I would press in the black bezel around the screen it would stop but come back soon after.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Currently at 5,600 miles and I notice when I drive and go over small bumps or if the pavement isn’t level i can hear a creak sound coming from behind the screen. Sounds like plastic rubbing up against each other. I think it is the plastic dash material and the screen rubbing against each other. When I would press in the black bezel around the screen it would stop but come back soon after.

why don't you just remove and check all the screw behind it and back put it back, only 2 screw on top.

Lee07

Reaction score
why don't you just remove and check all the screw behind it and back put it back, only 2 screw on top.
So I went ahead and took it off this morning. When I would tap the lower part of the screen it would make the noise. I then removed the bezel from the screen and tapped the lower part of the screen and heard nothing. Put the bezel back on and heard it again. My guess is that it is the clips that must be shaking. BEE47217-0805-4F46-B8B6-A90BA0BEFBB5.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread