5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crazy Rattle at 14K Miles

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That sounds a lot like what the Tundra guys are complaining about and it's the needle bearing making the noise for them .

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fingers crossed! My tech said that there's also a chain in there which may have some play.

I hope that we get this sorted out!

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought you mentioned that it was a part of the transfer case not the entire thing? I guess the parts that you ordered didnt work?

sep1006

Reaction score
I feel your pain on the extra money invested................

Dude that's a beautiful truck, looks awesome. I see you're in Houston, what part? I am just south of you in Pearland.

ShortStack

Reaction score
So don't laugh at what I'm about to say. I'm a software engineer and things like this make my brain go crazy. So take a mason jar and put a small stone in it, dime or so size. Hold the jar at the
top and swing the jar in a circular motion. Sounds just like the noise from the video. So from my ears it sounds like a cylindrical noise with a nut or weld slag. If it is that clear from where the
camera was mounted, find anything that is hollow and rotating nearby. Had a 65 Dodge Dart that made a noise something like this but not as clear and it was weld slag inside the drive shaft
(special build drive shaft).

Please let us know what it is/was ? Wee need to start a pool and sell tickets :D:D:D

Users who are viewing this thread