5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crashed the Rebel skid plate/bumper(Upgrade to ADD Stealth Fighter)

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is definitely a good excuse for me to upgrade the bumper lol I sent the Rebel a little too fast over a jump and it took a nose dive which smashed the front bumper skid plate. No worries, on my way back home I ordered an ADD Stealth Fighter bumper. The clearance is great! Can't wait to put it to use.
Video of the bumper getting smashed below

20201120_141035.jpg 20201120_132248.jpg VideoCapture_20201120-162330.jpg

Panicvector426

Reaction score
Looks great! I’ve been considering the same bumper. Is there anyway to integrate the fog lights with that bumper or do you lose them? Did you cap the wiring? How does that work if you have to delete the fog lights?

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks great! I’ve been considering the same bumper. Is there anyway to integrate the fog lights with that bumper or do you lose them? Did you cap the wiring? How does that work if you have to delete the fog lights?
You can buy the Baja Designs S2 led pods for the ram and they utilize the existing wires for the fog lights. So what you would do, rather than get a 40" curved light bar, you would get a 32" curved light bar and put it in the center and u can get those Baja designs led pods and install them on the outer edges of the light bar cut out/slot. The bumper has multiple cut outs on the inside for installation of multiple led pods or a light bar. I myself got the 40" as u can see and the old connections for the fogs are just hanging in there not connected to anything,only my sensors are connected.

Panicvector426

Reaction score
You can buy the Baja Designs S2 led pods for the ram and they utilize the existing wires for the fog lights. So what you would do, rather than get a 40" curved light bar, you would get a 32" curved light bar and put it in the center and u can get those Baja designs led pods and install them on the outer edges of the light bar cut out/slot. I myself got the 40" as u can see and the old connections for the fogs are just hanging in there. Only my sensors are connected.
I wish they would make a bracket for pods to fit on the outside area where the fog lights would naturally go

Ramgoose

Reaction score
This is definitely a good excuse for me to upgrade the bumper lol I sent the Rebel a little too fast over a jump and it took a nose dive which smashed the front bumper skid plate. No worries, on my way back home I ordered an ADD Stealth Fighter bumper. The clearance is great! Can't wait to put it to use.
Video of the bumper getting smashed below

View attachment 74511 View attachment 74513 View attachment 74514
Wow ! What a difference. Is the new one heavier / lighter that you can tell? That was some nice wheeling in your video 👍

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow ! What a difference. Is the new one heavier / lighter that you can tell? That was some nice wheeling in your video 👍
I'm either really strong and can't tell the difference or they weigh the same lol. Didn't notice much of a difference

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wish they would make a bracket for pods to fit on the outside area where the fog lights would naturally go
It wouldn't fit because the chassis frame horns are almost touching the outer grill/mesh of the bumper. Your best bed would be a single row led strip in the center below the 40" light bar

U

User_21361

Nice looking truck! Oddly enough, I did the same exact thing today haha. Luckily I only hit the front license plate and the damage was minimal. However, I definitely need to address the approach angles

How do you like the bumper so far? How do you think the front slip plate will do with impact?

Also, did the bumper come with an insert or cover for unused light spots? I don’t think I would fill this very quickly (no need for more lights).

Last edited by a moderator:

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice looking truck! Oddly enough, I did the same exact thing today haha. Luckily I only hit the front license plate and the damage was minimal. However, I definitely need to address the approach angles

How do you like the bumper so far? How do you think the front slip plate will do with impact?

Also, did the bumper come with an insert or cover for unused light spots? I don’t think I would fill this very quickly (no need for more lights).
The bumper is great, I can hit a steep approach easily now without worry. The bumper will do way better than the factory because it is reinforced/tied into at the cross member and the oem bumper/skid plate is literally just hanging in mid air so when you do hit it, it will bend. No the light bar did not come with a cover. I am surprised because in California technically the DOT requires you to cover high output lights that while you are driving on a road... never had an issue with that though.

SiRay6

Reaction score
Hi,

I got hit by a semi on the freeway and ended up ordering the same bumper too. I just installed it a few days ago. Do your parking sensors intermittently beep when you are either slowing down to a stop or starting from a light?

I made sure my sensors were in their original factory location and oriented them (clocked) the exact same as oem.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

PS - did you change your username?

Raymond

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi,

I got hit by a semi on the freeway and ended up ordering the same bumper too. I just installed it a few days ago. Do your parking sensors intermittently beep when you are either slowing down to a stop or starting from a light?

I made sure my sensors were in their original factory location and oriented them (clocked) the exact same as oem.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

PS - did you change your username?

Raymond
Yes my username was LXVSOCAL but I started a YouTube channel and wanted all of my social media accounts to be the same lol. The sensors do go off like crazy. I guess that's the only con about this bumper but I just leave them turned off.

Users who are viewing this thread