5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crash Test Ratings

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
GO RAM! I’m a bit surprised about Toyota honestly.

The reason for Toyota is probably right in the second bullet point: "The IIHS said part of the problem is that some pickups have older designs..." Maybe this will jolt Toyota into finally doing a major redesign of the Tundra.

I'm actually a little more surprised about Chevy/GMC. You'd think they would have addressed this with their new models.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The reason for Toyota is probably right in the second bullet point: "The IIHS said part of the problem is that some pickups have older designs..." Maybe this will jolt Toyota into finally doing a major redesign of the Tundra.

I'm actually a little more surprised about Chevy/GMC. You'd think they would have addressed this with their new models.

Agreed. I would have thought they were all recent enough that they should have scored well. I guess they keep moving the bar higher in these crash tests. I’m just going to tape a bunch of “My Pillows” around the cabin for extra safety (and comfort) :ROFLMAO:

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like the new GM trucks didn’t do so hot in the side impact tests and offset front test on passenger side. Brand new design and it doesn’t preform as well as some of the older designs like Ford and Nissan

Users who are viewing this thread