5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cracked windshied 2019 5th gen

remon

Reaction score
Just my luck, a crack that started at the lettering in the driver side window . Now spreading up the windshield . I'm hoping it's covered ..

any help from FCA for any other member???

leonandlisa

Reaction score
If the crack was caused from a rock chip then it’s you or your insurance. What caused the crack?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just my luck, a crack that started at the lettering in the driver side window . Now spreading up the windshield . I'm hoping it's covered ..

any help from FCA for any other member???
Don’t feel bad…I got one on Saturday on my 2021 with 890 miles on it. I had a crack on my 2020 and replaced that windshield earlier this year. You can do a search and see where the 5th Gen windshield appears to be much more crack prone than the 4th Gen. I’ve owned Ram going back to the 1980’s and haven’t had this many cracked windshields since my 1994 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4. FCA must have gone back to that supplier for the 5th Gens! 😉

I look at it this way…the windshield did it’s job…it’s just a hassle getting it replaced and a bummer how much a new windshield costs these days. Insurance company pay or self-pay - prices are getting ridiculous.

Last edited:

Atlantic Blue

Reaction score
Glass Deductible is usually pretty cheap. Just try to make sure you get a good seal on the windshield or you may get wind noise. Mopar brand glass is preferable although oem equivalents will do.

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
I had a rock hit my door and left a decent dent and gash in the paint. I wonder if FCA can help with that too?

Amerinamese

Reaction score
I just had mine replaced by Safelite. The bill was over $700 for an OEM windshield, but I have $0 deductible with my insurance. The dealership wanted $1k for the glass alone.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online