5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CPO Warranty Fee

jd1366

Reaction score
Hello all, new to forum . In process of purchasing Laramie. Dealer insists on what they call a CPO warranty fee of $895. I call BS but just checking if anyone experienced this before at a dealer. Smells like the dealer prep fee we’ve seen .

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all, new to forum . In process of purchasing Laramie. Dealer insists on what they call a CPO warranty fee of $895. I call BS but just checking if anyone experienced this before at a dealer. Smells like the dealer prep fee we’ve seen .
No first hand experience here, but yeah, sounds like an add-on.

rnaude241

Reaction score
If it's a CPO vehicle or should come with the warranty. I just purchased a CPO in January with no "warranty fee".

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Some dealers try to pass on the cost of the inspection to the new buyer. CPO vehicles have to be certified to extend the warranty, and that certification costs the dealers money. Usually they just add that into the sales price without making it a separate line item

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
CPO fee is minimal. The inspection is 125 point and isn't complicated, most dealers do the inspection on all their used cars(or one similar).

That dealer is just trying to make a little extra on it.

Attachments

• CPOV Program Quick Sheet Contacts.pdf
    167.8 KB · Views: 13

Users who are viewing this thread