5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Covering the gap that exposes the manifolds

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wasn't happy with how I could stand next to the truck looking through the front wheel liner and see the engine. Seems that excessive water, mud, and grime was already getting into the engine bay and splashing the exhaust manifolds.

Went to local store and bought a $20 SUV cargo mat and some plastic push rivets. Used scissors to trim sections of rubber to fit the gaps around the upper A-arm. If a guy wanted to he could cut and trim for a long while and make it beautiful but it was cold outside and I just wanted to get it finished before road salt hits this truck for the first time on this upcoming Friday.

20221216_164818.jpg

Last edited:

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just stumbled across this thread. That looks effective, how has it held up so far?

BackCountryinNJ

banned at member request but still lurking
Reaction score
I wasn't happy with how I could stand next to the truck looking through the front wheel liner and see the engine. Seems that excessive water, mud, and grime was already getting into the engine bay and splashing the exhaust manifolds.

Went to local store and bought a $20 SUV cargo mat and some plastic push rivets. Used scissors to trim sections of rubber to fit the gaps around the upper A-arm. If a guy wanted to he could cut and trim for a long while and make it beautiful but it was cold outside and I just wanted to get it finished before road salt his this truck for the first time on this upcoming Friday.

View attachment 146579
Looks good! I've been thinking of doing the same thing...even posted about it recently, just haven't had the time yet. With my suspension lift, I can really see the manifold area. I was wondering if the new piece could sit behind the wheel well liners and be attached the same way. Might be a little less noticeable.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just stumbled across this thread. That looks effective, how has it held up so far?

I've been running the splash guards for the inner liner that I made (in the pics above) for several weeks now in all types of weather, gravel roads, etc. and it's holding up really well so far. I think it's going to work out long term just fine.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I like it. Might help with the cracked exhaust manifolds?

Users who are viewing this thread