5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cover for Rambox w MFT and black rails

FirstRam2020

Reaction score
BigIron, here’s the link to the company’s website:

I have a 2020 1500 with ramboxes, barn doors, and the black rails that came with the factory cover. I exchanged emails with the folks at Truck Covers USA about their American Roll Cover product and they were very helpful in confirming that it would fit the truck. They even sent over a video of one installed on a similar truck (to show where the gap is near the tailgate). I really liked that product, but ended up getting the Diamondback instead.

What I really liked about the Roll Cover is that it’s strong (I think it can hold 400 lbs, or something like that) and that you can unlock the cover and roll into the canister WITHOUT any keys. There’s a pull-tab that you can reach when you open the tailgate. That makes it very convenient. (I wish the diamondback would also allow it to open without a key. I may have to do a little Macgyver and fix this shortcoming one day.)

Anyway, given your desire to mount a tent on top, the American Roll Cover sounds ideal.

Good luck!
After having the Diamondback for awhile, would you still get it over the Truck Cover USA roll cover?

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Put this on today, i have ramboxes and mft. Just have to put on an additional piece of weather stripping Synticusa aluminum roll up, loving it for $560 new out the door including shipping and tax msrp was $799

Attachments

• 20220621_165149.jpg
    20220621_165149.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 72
  • 20220621_165209.jpg
    20220621_165209.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 71
  • 20220621_165132.jpg
    20220621_165132.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 71

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How’s big the canister on that one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WilburNJ

Reaction score
After having the Diamondback for awhile, would you still get it over the Truck Cover USA roll cover?
Good question. I'm a bit torn. I still like the DB, that is until I have a need more height in the bed. Then it's a PIA to get the pieces off. It's actually only 4 bolts that hold the center brace that can be removed with a ratchet in maybe 10 mins or so, but the whole process is annoying when I'm in a hurry. Those are the days when i wish i had gone with the Truck Cover USA option. But, that happens only a few times a year. So, overall, I'm happy with it. I "love" the look of the DB, but probably only "like" it from a practical perspective for this reason.

SBBW

Reaction score
Good question. I'm a bit torn. I still like the DB, that is until I have a need more height in the bed. Then it's a PIA to get the pieces off. It's actually only 4 bolts that hold the center brace that can be removed with a ratchet in maybe 10 mins or so, but the whole process is annoying when I'm in a hurry. Those are the days when i wish i had gone with the Truck Cover USA option. But, that happens only a few times a year. So, overall, I'm happy with it. I "love" the look of the DB, but probably only "like" it from a practical perspective for this reason.
WilburNJ, Thanks for the great pic in the post. I am considering the DB option and have the same setup as you, RB & MFT. My question is what did you do to seal the gap between the tailgate and the RB on the sides? It seems like water and debris would get in there. Am I missing something?

WilburNJ

Reaction score
WilburNJ, Thanks for the great pic in the post. I am considering the DB option and have the same setup as you, RB & MFT. My question is what did you do to seal the gap between the tailgate and the RB on the sides? It seems like water and debris would get in there. Am I missing something?
SBBW, I bought some generic weather stripping from Amazon, which came with some adhesive on one side, and that closed the gap. I don't really notice much water getting in as a result. This is what I bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07147Y43J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yangster

Reaction score
SBBW, I bought some generic weather stripping from Amazon, which came with some adhesive on one side, and that closed the gap. I don't really notice much water getting in as a result. This is what I bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07147Y43J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Users who are viewing this thread