5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cover for Heated Steering Wheel

WW2

Reaction score
Has anyone used a cover over their heated steering wheel ??? Any issues with it ??? I like a thick steering wheel and have also seen some reviews where the quality of the leather was lacking and it started peeling. Could the cover cause it to get too hot ?? I know it will insulate and not be as warm on your hands....

J4U

Reaction score
No issues this far with mine. Have had it on since I bought it. I don't use the heated wheel much. Only comes on when I remote start it and shut it off when I get in.

Still gets warm, but obviously not as warm to the touch with the cover on.

Moe1962

Reaction score
Has anyone used a cover over their heated steering wheel ??? Any issues with it ??? I like a thick steering wheel and have also seen some reviews where the quality of the leather was lacking and it started peeling. Could the cover cause it to get too hot ?? I know it will insulate and not be as warm on your hands....
I've had a cover on mine since I bought it because I like a thicker steering wheel also. I have only used the heater a couple of times, including this morning with no issues and the steering wheel gets hot. I only have it on for a short time.

Users who are viewing this thread