5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Course Phone Mount

famecity

Reaction score
Received and installed my Course Magsafe phone mount using the USB-A car accessory port. Pretty easy install and nice fit. However, when I put my phone on the mount, it will start charging but only charges for a few seconds before disconnecting. I am assuming that the port does not provide enough power to support the charging but definitely not in my wheelhouse. Anyone have any similar issues or suggestions?

Sdc1213

Reaction score
What kind of case are you using on your phone, is it Magsafe compatible? Do you run a Magsafe charger at home, or just directly plug it in?

I have the Course Magsafe Phone mount / charger and it has been working fine for me.

famecity

Reaction score
What kind of case are you using on your phone, is it Magsafe compatible? Do you run a Magsafe charger at home, or just directly plug it in?

I have the Course Magsafe Phone mount / charger and it has been working fine for me.
I do have a Magsafe case from Apple. What port do you plug into?

Sdc1213

Reaction score
I do have a Magsafe case from Apple. What port do you plug into?

Sorry for the delay. I use the cigarette lighter on the top of the infotainment screen. You can't directly plug into one of the USB slots because it's a rapid style charger and the USB isn't going to support enough volts. I honestly just now use the magsafe charger as a stand because it's a pain to plug the device wireless charger into a cigarette and have to run a separate USB lightning cable to the phone for Apple CarPlay.

If I'm in a pinch where I know my phone is low and I need a rapid charge on it, in a short amount of time then I'll use the rapid charger stand to charge.

biggggant

Reaction score
I use a pitaka magsafe mount and use the 115v outlet and don't have any issues with it maintaining a connection while charging

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I use the Course Motorsports magsafe phone mount and the 12V port above the stereo. I have the usb run behind the stereo so there is no cable hanging. I also use the AAWireless wireless Android Auto adapter, and have it hidden behind the stereo also. Nice, clean install with no cables and wireless AA to boot. If you are using Apple, there are a ton of compatible devices to give you wireless CarPlay.

Users who are viewing this thread