5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Couple of questions

Bwarren2

Reaction score
More rebel related but though these are general enought to post here

1. The dealer has the truck I want, but they don't have the 33 gal option, is this something the dealer could swap out?

2. The rebel doesn't offer the electric running boards, is it possible to add them after purchase?

3. Blind Spot Option..I see this doesn't offer collision braking avoidance, which to me is the biggest safety feature one could have, is this coming in the future?

Thx

Jordan2929

Reaction score
1.) The dealer could do it but they would charge you MUCH more than the $495 that is costs from the factory.

2.) Amp Research makes electric running boards and if they aren't out yet expect to see them by SEMA, they just bolt right up to the amounts on the truck.

3.) I'm sure this will be mandated on all new vehicles in the future just like how every new car has to have a backup camera, but no one knows when that will happen.

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score

1. The dealer has the truck I want, but they don't have the 33 gal option, is this something the dealer could swap out?

2. The rebel doesn't offer the electric running boards, is it possible to add them after purchase?

3. Blind Spot Option..I see this doesn't offer collision braking avoidance, which to me is the biggest safety feature one could have, is this coming in the future?

Thx
What is collision braking avoidance? I know the RAM has front and rear active braking to a stop I believe.

Bwarren2

Reaction score
I was told level 2 offers automatic breaking at slow speeds.

Bwarren2

Reaction score
1.) The dealer could do it but they would charge you MUCH more than the $495 that is costs from the factory.

2.) Amp Research makes electric running boards and if they aren't out yet expect to see them by SEMA, they just bolt right up to the amounts on the truck.

3.) I'm sure this will be mandated on all new vehicles in the future just like how every new car has to have a backup camera, but no one knows when that will happen.

For the Amp Research running boards, do they just plug in and I assume Uconnect would recognize them?

GM convert

Reaction score
My limited while in auto cruise stops and beeps at high speed cruising.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Emergency Automatic Braking is a part of the Advance Safety Group, which is a standalone option group on Laramie and above.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score

Thx
I'd wait until you find the truck you want. You'll spend a ton of money adding these later, if you're even able to.

da_Vinci_of_sorts

Reaction score
I'll rewind this a bit to the 33 gallon gas tank question. The tank could be swapped, but it's more involved than just the gas tank. It has a different sending unit and EGR system. We wanted the larger tank too, but settled for the 26 as it seems no dealer finds value in ordering them this way. (They really should because Ford is selling their 36 gallon tank and range BIG TIME around me.)

As for the other things... I've been really surprised how locked down the computer(s) are on these newer FCA vehicles. I expected to see aftermarket struggle with access and changes, but I honestly thought the dealers would have more control than they seem to.

Users who are viewing this thread