5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could the Ford Ranger EPA Fuel Mileage investigation also affect Ram?

redcrewcab

Reaction score
Hi. I've only had my 2019 Ram for three weeks now, and mostly city driving. I can't do any comparison because I drive it now and then. Before buying I researched the forum and the internet because I originally was going to get the etorque, but ended up with a 5.7 Hemi they had on the lot, Laramie loaded and no etorque. What I have noticed in everything I've read is that most post/reviews are not saying what octane they are using. Even the video in this thread with the Ram Rebel, they aren't using the recommended octane. The recommended is 89 and I imagine most are using 87. What I would like to see is someone driving the same route, using the cruise control at the same speed, with three tanks of 87 octane and then three tanks of 89 octane and see if it really makes a difference. If it turns out the 89 gives better mpg, or closer to the window sticker rating, than the next question for me would be if the average 30 cents more per gallon I would spend for 89 octane over 87 octane would be worth it. I'm not on fuelly and don't read it, so I would also question all the ratings on there if they are not differentiating between what octane is being used. Okay I'll be waiting for everyone to tell me I'm wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online