5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cost of lift kits?

Thewrangler73

Reaction score
Hey all, I was just wondering what you're all paying for lifts kits to be installed? I've never had one done before, but want to get one and just wanna make sure I'm not getting ripped off in labor costs. Thanks in advance

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anything with drop brackets, so any of the 4-6” kits (no 4” at the moment) typically run around 1k bucks give or take.

The leveling kits can be anywhere from 250-650 Just depending on what all is involved.

These prices don’t include alignments.

Thewrangler73

Reaction score
^^^ what kind of lift are you looking at?
I honestly don't know. I just feel like this truck sits so much lower then my 3rd gen did, and I want it to look taller. I don't know much about lifts kits, other than I've been told I should do suspension lift rather than body lift. But I was thinking around 3 or 4 inches of lift

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Probably have to wait for BDS if you want 4”. The readylift 3.5 is out, but it’s not a “lift kit”, just an aggressive leveling kit.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would put a spacer level kit in first. It’s cheap, quick and easy to do. Amazed at how the truck looks taller just with that simple mod. It will get you by till more options become available

Thewrangler73

Reaction score
I would put a spacer level kit in first. It’s cheap, quick and easy to do. Amazed at how the truck looks taller just with that simple mod. It will get you by till more options become available
Do you mean something like this?

Also, what all is entailed with installing it?

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^^yes, but I wouldn’t use that kit. I’d use motofab kit. Cost less, less work and truer lift gained.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On motofab kit, pull strut assembly add spacer to top and reinstall. Did mine in a hour. Granted I have access to lift and tools. Nothing that couldn’t be done at house with alittle time. A friend/assistant would make it easier/quicker. Then alignment at some point just to make sure not destroying tires. What I’ve read with others and mine personally toe angle was off ever so slight on one side and little more then I like on other side. I didn’t need to adjust camber/caster were at good specs. Even then, toe being off may not of been from lift, as one side was almost right in and other wasn’t. Idk for fact as I didn’t do pre align specs.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just hammer on the knuckle at ubj. It actually popped quick, didn’t have to hit it hard. I don’t recommend hitting the uca itself to free the balljoint. As it will take all the shock of those blows.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea, I used to install lifts in college..... I’ve done it well over 100 times. Just curious if anyone ever made a balljoint tool that worked, besides the hammer lol

Thewrangler73

Reaction score
Does anyone know if installing a leveling kit would void the vehicle warranty?

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, potentially, but only the parts effected. If you show up with a busted CV axle or UCA then they could deny it.

I wouldn’t be very concerned about it.

Thewrangler73

Reaction score
Yes, potentially, but only the parts effected. If you show up with a busted CV axle or UCA then they could deny it.

I wouldn’t be very concerned about it.
I was more concerned with the idea that my engine fails and they say "oh you have this aftermarket part, that voids warranty." It might seem really foolish for me to have thought that could happen, but this is my first even remotely new vehicle, so I have no experience in the matter.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A lot of people think that.... but the warranty remains on the rest of the vehicle. You will be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread