5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corsa Sport or Borla Atak?

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ready to pull the trigger on a Cat-Back system and wanted to hear from people that have either one of these installed. Why you chose one over the other and how you’re liking your decision. I’m leaning slightly towards the Corsa and may add the resonator delete to take it Xtreme sound level.

ironking

Reaction score
Ready to pull the trigger on a Cat-Back system and wanted to hear from people that have either one of these installed. Why you chose one over the other and how you’re liking your decision. I’m leaning slightly towards the Corsa and may add the resonator delete to take it Xtreme sound level.

I currently have the MagnaFlow Flow FX and I plan on going to the Corsa Extreme as soon as I get the funds for it. I really like the deep crackling sound it makes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rob989_69

Reaction score
I haven't heard either in person. But personally I like the Borla just a tiny bit better. It sounds a little deeper to me. Corsa is a little more raspy. I like both a lot, but if it were my money, Borla Atak. I went with a Flowmaster Outlaw bolt in for now. But once I get everything else done I'll probably do a Borla.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't heard either in person. But personally I like the Borla just a tiny bit better. It sounds a little deeper to me. Corsa is a little more raspy. I like both a lot, but if it were my money, Borla Atak. I went with a Flowmaster Outlaw bolt in for now. But once I get everything else done I'll probably do a Borla.
I’ve listened to clips of each and they both sound good but it’s still hard to really tell. The Borla is somewhat cheaper so that’s in the “pro” column for the Borla.

rob989_69

Reaction score
Lots of people on here have Borla and speak highly of them. Not that that should drive your decision.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lots of people on here have Borla and speak highly of them. Not that that should drive your decision.

I’ve noticed a lot Borla owners on here, not sure I’ve seen a Corsa which is why I was looking for feedback.

Fmrchvy

Reaction score
I have a Borla Atak, it is loud. When driving down the road, small children run for cover and grown men stare out their windows. It will catch attention, if you aren’t down for that, tint your windows or go with the Borla Sport S or Touring. I really love it, but, I have not gone on long trips...my truck has 200 miles on it thus far.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a Borla Atak, it is loud. When driving down the road, small children run for cover and grown men stare out their windows. It will catch attention, if you aren’t down for that, tint your windows or go with the Borla Sport S or Touring. I really love it, but, I have not gone on long trips...my truck has 200 miles on it thus far.
[/QUOTE
I’m fully tinted and ready for action. I’ve listened to more clips on my TV today running through my Sonos surround and it makes a big difference over listening on the phone or tablet. I’m actually liking the Borla more now after listening today. The Corsa makes me think it belongs more on a sports car if that makes sense, reminds me of a Porsche sound.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ended up ordering the Borla Atak with Black Tips, should be here in a couple days. Very excited to get her installed. CAI is next.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congrats! Great choice.
Thanks, I actually got to hear the ATAK in person as one of the guys who works at our facility has the ATAK in his Ford and it sounded great. I still believe the Corsa is suited more towards a sports car at least to my ears, and hearing the Borla first hand just made the decision a lot easier.

rob989_69

Reaction score
Thanks, I actually got to hear the ATAK in person as one of the guys who works at our facility has the ATAK in his Ford and it sounded great. I still believe the Corsa is suited more towards a sports car at least to my ears, and hearing the Borla first hand just made the decision a lot easier.
That was exactly my thoughts on the Corsa. I ended up with the Flowmaster Outlaw direct fit for now. But I may switch to the Borla at some point. I like the flowmaster but the resonators are killing me.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So the Atak is in and your description is spot on! Sweet Jesus is it loud when you step on it but I’m loving it. I was afraid the wife would make me drive back to the shop to have it yanked but she said it wasn’t too bad and besides it’s my truck so my decision.

Fmrchvy

Reaction score
So the Atak is in and your description is spot on! Sweet Jesus is it loud when you step on it but I’m loving it. I was afraid the wife would make me drive back to the shop to have it yanked but she said it wasn’t too bad and besides it’s my truck so my decision.

It is insane...by my 8 year old boy loves it!

Reaction score
I just installed the Corsa Sport on my '19 Limited. I am coming out of a 2012 Corvette Grand Sport, so I was looking for an exhaust for my truck that reminded me a bit of a sports car. The Corsa did that for me. I listened to exhaust systems for 4 month before deciding what to buy. I will say that the Corsa wasn't as loud as I expected it to be. While certainly louder than stock on startup and when accelerating, if cruising I can tell very little difference in it over stock. Now, get on the gas and it definitely is the sound I wanted. I also have the Mopar Intake. Only "disappointment" is the overall sound is quieter than I expected, but the tone is exactly what I was looking for. Would I spend $1200.00 again....probably, but might consider the resonator delete.

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just put the Borla ATAK on my new Ram a few days ago and love it, super aggressive when you get on it!

Users who are viewing this thread