5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corsa Sport Catback Review

jaydeebee24

Reaction score
Had the Corsa Sport Catback installed this weekend. It replaced a 14 inch Magnaflow muffler that I had welded in with the rear resonators deleted. Wanted to put together some of my quick thoughts, because I wasn't able to find much more than a couple start up clips of this system on our trucks before I purchased it.

What I've noticed so far is that the sound is very directional. To the rear of the truck, cold starts and acceleration is pretty loud. With a very distinct growl that to my ears I haven't really heard with any of the other exhausts for our trucks. But when you're more than 10 feet in front of the truck, the sound is reduced significantly. Bodes well for those concerned about cold starts in neighborhoods.

During acceleration and cruising, there is absolutely zero drone or resonance of any kind. To my ears, the muffler removes the deep notes from the sound. In cab I would say it's a little louder than stock under normal driving conditions, but just enough that you know it's there. Not overbearing at all. Opens up very nicely when you get into the throttle.

Everything came packaged well and the 5 inch tips look awesome. Will grab some more clips of what I'm trying to explain regarding the directional nature of the sound and probably a quick clip in cab while driving.

Last edited:

406Rebel

Reaction score
Thank you, I’m planning to do this same exhaust soon. Worth the extra cost to not have any drone

Zeeya

Reaction score
I had the Corsa on my 2010 Tundra w/ the TRD supercharger. You are right in regards to no drone. It’s a great system.

jaydeebee24

Reaction score
Yep. Very happy with it. I think it sounds even better now that it's had some time to break in.

dma0005

Reaction score
I was thinking of this exhaust as well. I had Corsa on my 2013 Tundra and loved the sound. You are correct, it was not really a "surround sound" system. I do have one question, how (if at all) has it effected the MPG? With my Tundra, it seemed to drop nearly 2 MPG. Part of the reason I got the Ram was it got way better mileage than the Tundra, and I don't want to tank it on the Ram.

Thanks in advance for your feedback

jaydeebee24

Reaction score
I was thinking of this exhaust as well. I had Corsa on my 2013 Tundra and loved the sound. You are correct, it was not really a "surround sound" system. I do have one question, how (if at all) has it effected the MPG? With my Tundra, it seemed to drop nearly 2 MPG. Part of the reason I got the Ram was it got way better mileage than the Tundra, and I don't want to tank it on the Ram.

Thanks in advance for your feedback

I do mostly in-town driving, so my mileage is already pretty bad. But I really haven't noticed any changes to it since install.

jaydeebee24

Reaction score
New cold start video after about a month on the truck. Sound definitely changes slightly once it "breaks in". Cold start has more growl to it, and it sounds really good in cab. Still no drone or resonance under any condition.

Mksrt

Reaction score
I really want this system but it does not work with the bed step and I really don’t want to remove the bed step as it does help.

Mksrt

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the mopar catback is made by corsa, looks like you can use stock tips.

WhiteLaramie2020

Reaction score
Just installed this on the truck this past weekend. Really like the sound on start up and when you get on it a little bit (not pedal down although that sounds pretty darn good as well). Almost quiet when cruising pretty close to stock. Overall, really happy with it and was a breeze to install.

Orion10182011

Reaction score
I put Corsa sports on my 07 Vette. I'm very happy with them over the Borla I had years ago on a 97 Trans Am(drone city). I will be putting Corsa sports on my 2020 Ram.

Users who are viewing this thread