5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Correct wheel size and offset for 35" tires (19' RAM 1500)

insomniac2k2

Reaction score
Hello all,

New to the forums. Just purchased a 19' RAM 1500. It's a Larime Black edition with 22" 6 lug wheels. I will be doing a 2" readylift UCA level in 2 days.

I'm looking to got for a more aggressive look. So far the plan is to go with 20" Fuel rims (Maybe assaults, or something similar.), with 35" Ridge Grapplers.

I have spent over 3 hours reading random threads, so please take pitty on me when you want to just refer me to the search option. Here's what I want to know:

Exactly what offset would i need to run 20x10 rims with 35x12.50r20 ridge grapplers + 2" level? I don't mind the tires sticking out a tiny bit. Just not a ton.
Is this configuration a bad idea? Rubbing? Should I run 20x9 with stock offset? 19.1mm i believe.

Thanks in advance. There is just a sea of information, and all of it seems to be a little different. I just don't want to make a mistake on such an expensive order :/

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello all,

New to the forums. Just purchased a 19' RAM 1500. It's a Larime Black edition with 22" 6 lug wheels. I will be doing a 2" readylift UCA level in 2 days.

I'm looking to got for a more aggressive look. So far the plan is to go with 20" Fuel rims (Maybe assaults, or something similar.), with 35" Ridge Grapplers.

I have spent over 3 hours reading random threads, so please take pitty on me when you want to just refer me to the search option. Here's what I want to know:

Exactly what offset would i need to run 20x10 rims with 35x12.50r20 ridge grapplers + 2" level? I don't mind the tires sticking out a tiny bit. Just not a ton.
Is this configuration a bad idea? Rubbing? Should I run 20x9 with stock offset? 19.1mm i believe.

Thanks in advance. There is just a sea of information, and all of it seems to be a little different. I just don't want to make a mistake on such an expensive order :/
You probably do not want to run stock offset with a 12.50 tire. You will not have enough clearance between the sidewall and UCA. If you don't want the tires sticking out a lot avoid the 10 wide wheel and go with a 20x9 +1 offset. The 20x10 assault only comes in -19 offset so this will push the outside edge of the tire almost 3" compared to stock.

insomniac2k2

Reaction score
Thank you! Yes, 3" would be too much for my taste. Ok, so to be clear. Running 20x9 +1 with 35x12.50r20 ridge grapplers + 2" level should be ok for clearance? Should I be considering 35x11.50r20's instead?

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you! Yes, 3" would be too much for my taste. Ok, so to be clear. Running 20x9 +1 with 35x12.50r20 ridge grapplers + 2" level should be ok for clearance? Should I be considering 35x11.50r20's instead?
I think the perfect offset for a 35 x 12.5 would be a -4; I'm just not sure anybody makes them. A -4 would put you about even with stock on the inside and would stick out 1.5 inches further on the outside. You just want to make sure that you select an offset that will keep your tires (and wheel) from hitting the control arms. If you haven't used this tool yet, then you need to: https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/. For original setup, enter 275/55R20 with +19 mm offset. Punch in whatever you find for new setup. This will show you exactly what measurements you will be looking at.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think the perfect offset for a 35 x 12.5 would be a -4; I'm just not sure anybody makes them. A -4 would put you about even with stock on the inside and would stick out 1.5 inches further on the outside. You just want to make sure that you select an offset that will keep your tires (and wheel) from hitting the control arms. If you haven't used this tool yet, then you need to: https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/. For original setup, enter 275/55R20 with +14 mm offset. Punch in whatever you find for new setup. This will show you exactly what measurements you will be looking at.
Sorry, just noticed you said you had 22" on your Laramie....I didn't even know that was a Laramie option. Anyway, then enter what size tire you have now on the original setup. I originally screwed up offset too; should be +19. I guess I'm losing it tonight. Anyway, check out the offset calculator, it really helps put things into perspective.

Last edited:

insomniac2k2

Reaction score
You are not entirely off. I presently have 22" rims and I am presently looking to step down to 20" rims to get a little more tire. So all information that you shared has been very helpful. Thank you.

I actually just took a gamble on keeping my 22's for now. I'm sure I'll regret it :)

I went with 285/55R22 Ridge Grapplers and will mount them to stock wheels with a 2" level. I've read elsewhere that a few others have done it, so hopefully I will not be an exception. If I end up making a very expensive mistake, I will post back after the tears settle.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Probably, If i recall there are a few guys that have run 12.50 on only
I think the perfect offset for a 35 x 12.5 would be a -4; I'm just not sure anybody makes them. A -4 would put you about even with stock on the inside and would stick out 1.5 inches further on the outside. You just want to make sure that you select an offset that will keep your tires (and wheel) from hitting the control arms. If you haven't used this tool yet, then you need to: https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/. For original setup, enter 275/55R20 with +19 mm offset. Punch in whatever you find for new setup. This will show you exactly what measurements you will be looking at.
Raceline has some wheels that are a -6. I had a set on my last truck.

Users who are viewing this thread