5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Correct Tire Pressure on 35x12.5 on stock 18

Diddy Sanchez

Reaction score
Just put 35x12.5 nitto ridges on my 2019 Rebel stock 18's. The shop inflated to 45, but dash display is calling for me to inflate to 55. Did they inflate less because of the extra width of the tire, or should i fill up to 55?
thanks

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Darn that’s a really great question and I’ll be following to see what the answer will be.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So i'm pretty sure your sticker on the tire placard is showing 55F 45R, load capacity is 2840 lbs F 2470 lbs R. You want to match that load as closely as possible to the new tires which would be roughly 50F (2910 lbs) and 40R (2530 lbs).

Get to know this chart for reference - your new tires are on page 27, OEM tires on page 23.

I see a LOT of guys running way underinflated LT tires which leads to too much heat build-up, not nearly enough load capacity, and tires wearing totally uneven. Walk through any parking lot you'll see these big trucks with big tires and they're either totally worn on the inside or outside.

Last edited:

JHRebel

Reaction score
Just put 35x12.5 nitto ridges on my 2019 Rebel stock 18's. The shop inflated to 45, but dash display is calling for me to inflate to 55. Did they inflate less because of the extra width of the tire, or should i fill up to 55?
thanks
Unrelated to tire pressure, but do you have pictures? What type of lift or level do you have, how is the fit, any rub?...I’d like the sane setup on my rebel but I have a 2inch RL level with UCAs and I’m not sure I can pull off 35,s

Diddy Sanchez

Reaction score
Unrelated to tire pressure, but do you have pictures? What type of lift or level do you have, how is the fit, any rub?...I’d like the sane setup on my rebel but I have a 2inch RL level with UCAs and I’m not sure I can pull off 35,s
I have the rough country 3.5 bolt on lift, rides pretty damn close to stock and no rubbing. Heres a pic with the cooper st maxx tires, they wouldn't balance after 3 tries, so my shop swapped them out for the nitto ridge grapplers which have been great. I did have to add a .25in spacer on the wheels because the outer tread on the nittos was slightly brushing the UCA's

Attachments

• FC37DDC4-5B18-411C-AE7A-F6B2768C3C03.jpg
    FC37DDC4-5B18-411C-AE7A-F6B2768C3C03.jpg
    301.2 KB · Views: 54

JHRebel

Reaction score
I have the rough country 3.5 bolt on lift, rides pretty damn close to stock and no rubbing. Heres a pic with the cooper st maxx tires, they wouldn't balance after 3 tries, so my shop swapped them out for the nitto ridge grapplers which have been great. I did have to add a .25in spacer on the wheels because the outer tread on the nittos was slightly brushing the UCA's
Awesome, thank you for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread