5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Correct installation?

AngryGenXer

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning. I had a leveling kit installed and now, when I go over a bump it makes a loud banging noise. I think the problem is how they installed the parts circled in blue. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 20240228_115552.jpg
    20240228_115552.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 20240228_115543.jpg
    20240228_115543.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 41

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Maybe, but not likely if correctly torqued. I'd check the sway bar and end links. This is air suspension correct?

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Flange nut for tightening so you don't need a wrench on the back side to tighten. It shouldn't be causing any issues if properly torqued.

Last edited:

Jedi9

Reaction score
parts in blue are the flag nuts for the UCA bolts, they appear to be in the correct place. Those 2 bolts get torqued with weight of vehicle on ground. check the 3 tophat nuts, torque should be around 46 ft lbs, the sway bar links as Scram mentioned. any marks on anything rubbing or scrubbing? check lcas and spindle. What kind of level kit?

AngryGenXer

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It is air suspension. I just didn't think it should be sitting on the frame when flat and level. If there is any travel in the suspension, wouldn't those try to stop it?

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is air suspension. I just didn't think it should be sitting on the frame when flat and level. If there is any travel in the suspension, wouldn't those try to stop it?
No, once torqued they do not move and are not supposed to move.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did they toque everything while under load on the ground, or torque in the air and then set down? Hopefully on the ground.

AngryGenXer

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It is the ReadyLift 66-19150. No rubbing anywhere and it was installed by a reputable shop.

1.5'' LEVELING KIT WITH TUBULAR UPPER CONTROL ARMS FACTORY AIR SUSPENSION​

AngryGenXer

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you all. I will have them take a look and ask them if they torqued it on the ground or in the air.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good morning. I had a leveling kit installed and now, when I go over a bump it makes a loud banging noise. I think the problem is how they installed the parts circled in blue. Thoughts?
Nothing about the tab nuts jumps out at me. Being air suspension, I'm guessing that spacers or pucks were installed under the air bags, and those are more likely to be the source of banging if they let things shift and move around.

Users who are viewing this thread