5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

correct bulb for brake/tail light

Chopperbobby

Reaction score
I have gone to two different auto parts places. Got two different bulbs that both said were it and neither fit. The 7440 looked correct but it will not snap in and it is slightly bigger than the OEM bulb.
So does anyone one know the proper bulb (brake/tail light) for a 2020 ram 1500 bighorn quad cab?

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have gone to two different auto parts places. Got two different bulbs that both said were it and neither fit. The 7440 looked correct but it will not snap in and it is slightly bigger than the OEM bulb.
So does anyone one know the proper bulb (brake/tail light) for a 2020 ram 1500 bighorn quad cab?

Post the picture of the original brake light bulb, but so far most of the website shows the 7440 sizes should fit.

Reaction score
Found it a friend at work looked at it an told me what it was. The break/taillight is a 7443

thanks
this is very timely. just got pulled over tonight because i have a tail light out. autozone and advanced both say the bulb is a 7440 but some guy in a youtube video said it was a 7443. pulled the bulb out and it says "stanley 7443". ill go order one off amazon right now so the next time im going slightly over the limit they dont have an extra reason to pull me over.

Users who are viewing this thread