5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cornering lights.

MikeP

Reaction score
I learned something new about my 19 limited. I always run with my fog lights on but I turned them off the other night and realized that when they are off and you turn the steering wheel the fog light on the side you are turning towards lights up.. Cool.

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup, Laramie's and Big Horns with the LED group do this also (I don't know if it applies to all trucks with fog lights).
Your headlights will also follow the steering wheel(Limited and Longhorn's only), it's a very neat and helpful system. The BMW I had previously had the adaptive lights and with the more controlled light of projectors it really helps on curvy roads at night.

Wsmith

Reaction score
Same here. What did you replace the halogens with?
GTR Ultra 2 bulbs. Expensive, but I love them. I decided to pay the price and get the good ones. I didn't want to buy garbage and risk throwing codes or failing at an inopportune time. I have been called crazy by a select few on here for spending that much when I could buy some crap off of Amazon for a quarter of the price. I'm happy and have no regrets, Super bright and as good of cutoff as the original halogens.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was reading the owners manual and found another tid-bit of knowledge,
When it is below 40ºF and you remote start the Truck, along with the Driver's
Seat and Steering Wheel heat starting, there is a heating strip under the
Windsheild Wipers that comes on too. No more lifting the Wipers to keep
them from freezing to the Windshield.

Malodave

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I learned something new about my 19 limited. I always run with my fog lights on but I turned them off the other night and realized that when they are off and you turn the steering wheel the fog light on the side you are turning towards lights up.. Cool.
I found it also works when you have the bright lights on. Brights will turn off the fog lights but you will still get the cornering light. I thought I had a short in my fog lights at first. LOL!

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I like them, they do help when corning, but I don't like the fact that some people will think one of my lights is out, lol.

Mudstone

Reaction score
I was reading the owners manual and found another tid-bit of knowledge,
When it is below 40ºF and you remote start the Truck, along with the Driver's
Seat and Steering Wheel heat starting, there is a heating strip under the
Windsheild Wipers that comes on too. No more lifting the Wipers to keep
them from freezing to the Windshield.

Malodave
Hi, on what page did you find that info? I don't think ours is equipped with the heating strip? 2020 1500 Sport (Canadian edition)? thanks!

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is somewhere around page 150. I was reading it
on my computer at work. It may be the higher trim
levels or in the level 2 electronics.

Malodave

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi, on what page did you find that info? I don't think ours is equipped with the heating strip? 2020 1500 Sport (Canadian edition)? thanks!
I had that on my 2015 Ram Tradesman . It’s a heating element in the dash where the defrost comes out . Helps to clear the windshield in the winter a little faster .

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
GTR Ultra 2 bulbs. Expensive, but I love them. I decided to pay the price and get the good ones. I didn't want to buy garbage and risk throwing codes or failing at an inopportune time. I have been called crazy by a select few on here for spending that much when I could buy some crap off of Amazon for a quarter of the price. I'm happy and have no regrets, Super bright and as good of cutoff as the original halogens.
Was this just a plug and play install - i.e. swapped the stock bulbs for the new LED bulbs without replacing the housing etc.? Did you have to have them aimed after install? Lastly how did you choose a series - on the GTR website they don't seem to have a way to check fitment for your vehicle or a tool to decide which bulbs you need. Thanks!

Wsmith

Reaction score
Was this just a plug and play install - i.e. swapped the stock bulbs for the new LED bulbs without replacing the housing etc.? Did you have to have them aimed after install? Lastly how did you choose a series - on the GTR website they don't seem to have a way to check fitment for your vehicle or a tool to decide which bulbs you need. Thanks!
I ordered them from Headlight Revolution. They include a PWM module. Just align them vertically, they are plug and play. HR is a great company call them they will set you up with what you need. They have tons of videos, there install in the ram is straightforward, but it is a lot tighter with the housing not sitting on a bench. they are just H11 for the low beams. I did not have to adjust the housings afterward, some do, but it is simple. The only flash I have got is cresting a hill with another car coming up the other side, of course they hit him straight on, some people are dips****. Never been flashed on flat ground.

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
same. i run fogs all the time, not a fan of the cornering lights, didnt realize i had them for months after purchase

I find it annoying, so I leave the fog lights on. The sudden brightness just as I'm starting to turn that direction always makes me think there's a car there all the sudden.

Users who are viewing this thread