5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cooper Rugged Trek vs Falken Wildpeak AT3

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience on the newer Cooper Rugged Treks?

I’m currently running 275/60R20 4 Ply on my Ram and have been pretty happy with them. I’d like to get a slightly larger tire and the Coopers in the same size and load are about .5” bigger in diameter and slightly wider. The Falkens have been great. Ride well. Very low noise. Just curious if anyone has any time on both and can comment on ride quality, noise, and wear.

clk1984

Reaction score
I have a Gen 4 Ram but have ran the Rugged Treks for a year and about 12k miles. They have worn very evenly, noise is less than my BFG KO2s at around same mileage, and they still look great with their tread pattern wear. Highly recommend after 12k miles. I run 275/65/20. First image is new, 2nd is at 12k miles. Rugged Trek New.jpg Rugged Trek 12k miles.jpg

Last edited:

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just a follow up. About 15000 miles on a pair of rugged treks. Still look great. Similar ride to Falken in same size and load. Maybe a touch louder... But not much. A bit more sensitive to lower temps than Falken in terms of noise and ride quality, but again only maybe a very little.

I'd recommend. Definitely look badazz.

Cooper also just released a new tire that's meant to be more of a quiet riding AT. Not as beefy as rugged Trek but still has an AT look.

EarlT

Reaction score
Wildh24, would that be the Cooper AT XLT? I'm putting a set on my new Ram this week. I'll let you know after awhile how they are. Had the AT3s on my Silverado and absolutely loved how they performed.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just a follow up. About 15000 miles on a pair of rugged treks. Still look great. Similar ride to Falken in same size and load. Maybe a touch louder... But not much. A bit more sensitive to lower temps than Falken in terms of noise and ride quality, but again only maybe a very little.

I'd recommend. Definitely look badazz.

Cooper also just released a new tire that's meant to be more of a quiet riding AT. Not as beefy as rugged Trek but still has an AT look.
The reason they don’t handle well in lower temps is because the Cooper Rugged Trek’s are not 3Peak snow rated. At least the sizes that I’ve researched are not 3P. Sounds like yours aren’t either. That’s the main reason I decided not to go with those Coopers. But they do look bada** for sure!

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The reason they don’t handle well in lower temps is because the Cooper Rugged Trek’s are not 3Peak snow rated. At least the sizes that I’ve researched are not 3P. Sounds like yours aren’t either. That’s the main reason I decided not to go with those Coopers. But they do look bada** for sure!
Yeah I'd have to look. I thought 3peak was more regarding handling and traction, but maybe it has to do with compound too. Regarding traction, theyre fantastic that way. We had crappy weather and roads all winter last year. Ice and snow from Nov15-may. Never felt unsafe. They were great that way.

2jzDave

Reaction score
According to tire rack, the 275/60r20 is 3peak rated.

Users who are viewing this thread