5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT in light mud

Texas415

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with any of the Cooper AT3 tires, especially the XLT version in the mud? These tires caught my eye for a good looking all terrain just curious about the traction in light mud.

CMENT

Reaction score
Loved the Coopers AT3 on my last two trucks. Slippery as heck for the the first 500 miles and than stuck like glue.

I am currently debating between the Cooper LTX and General Grappler ATX.

Leaning toward the Generals, but just to try something different. Cooper has been bullit proof for me. (I had a set of the ST Max on my 1-ton, but switched them out to Cooper AT3 due to road noise)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well if they’ve been that great for you, why mess with it ? Unless of course you’ve heard great things about those Generals ?

CMENT

Reaction score
Well if they’ve been that great for you, why mess with it ? Unless of course you’ve heard great things about those Generals ?

Yeh, that is my issue. Never had a problem with the Coopers and I am dreading buyers remorse if i go with the Generals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Stick with what has worked for you unless there is a money back guarantee on those Generals.

Bleda2002

Reaction score
I have the XLT's and cant say enough great things about them. I havent really done any mud with them unfortunately, but they should be more or less the same as the regular AT3's since the tread is the same with a more aggressive sidewall.

I will say in the dry, rain, or sand they've been fantastic.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Had the coopers on the 3500. Great tire, no issues and the new pattern looked great. Snow and mud were not an issue in CASUAL use. This truck I will likely end up going with a NITTO for the same reason why you want to go with Cooper. The good thing and bad thing about tires is that they wear out, meaning you're not married to them by any means.

Users who are viewing this thread