5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S tires

Mirowpl

Reaction score
Has anyone tried these? I am 80% highway and 20% dirt, flelds or gravel. Looking for something a little more aggressive than the stock Bridgestones (20 inch) I do have 40k on those stock tires but only have a few thousand miles left. The tire dealer also suggested Falken wildpeak HT2 (buy 3 get one free) and an oldie but goodie, the General Grabber HTS60.

Any thoughts? The Cooper is the more off road of the three. Notnsure I really need it but it does look a lot more aggressive than the others Thanks

OhioBigHorn

Reaction score
Has anyone tried these? I am 80% highway and 20% dirt, flelds or gravel. Looking for something a little more aggressive than the stock Bridgestones (20 inch) I do have 40k on those stock tires but only have a few thousand miles left. The tire dealer also suggested Falken wildpeak HT2 (buy 3 get one free) and an oldie but goodie, the General Grabber HTS60.

Any thoughts? The Cooper is the more off road of the three. Notnsure I really need it but it does look a lot more aggressive than the others Thanks
I am going Friday to have Falken Rubitreks put on. They look to have a nice aggressive tread and are supposed to be good on the Highway. $950.00 OTD

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a set of those Coopers on the truck right now. I swap them on for winter, and they have not let me down yet. I like the look, and the tire/wheel combo I have isn't much more than the factory setup was, so no huge mpg hit.

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m going to go with Cooper AT3 XLT.

I know I will take a MPG hit ( my 3.21 make gas though ), but I want them for off road durability
I have lots of rocks on my farm, but they are a good compromise for off and on road.

Dewey

Reaction score
I had those Coopers on my last truck. Excellent tire. Rain/snow/mud they never let me down and tread wear was surprisingly great. When I sold that truck they had 50,000 miles on them and had at least half the tread left. Still as quiet as the day I bought them. Very surprising for an A/T tire.

I had BFG KO2’s before those and they were junk in comparison.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also got rid of the KO2s and now have the Bridgestone Dueler Revo3 on. Costco has them on sale this month. I paid around $975.

Mirowpl

Reaction score
Not near a Costco, so will use the local tire place. The coopers seem to be getting rave reviews and they look a little more aggressive

By chance anyone know if they come in raised white lettering? I am old school and love the look with the chrome bumpers and such.

Mirowpl

Reaction score
I have a set of those Coopers on the truck right now. I swap them on for winter, and they have not let me down yet. I like the look, and the tire/wheel combo I have isn't much more than the factory setup was, so no huge mpg hit.
What do you swap them to in summer? Thanks

brogers93

Reaction score
Had the older version of those Coopers on my 2011 Ram. Great tires and they last.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm running the 4S on the wife's Jeep right now. They've been great. For a pickup I'd recommend the XLT version. Better looking and slightly more robust construction.

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not near a Costco, so will use the local tire place. The coopers seem to be getting rave reviews and they look a little more aggressive

By chance anyone know if they come in raised white lettering? I am old school and love the look with the chrome bumpers and such.
I think the XLTs do

HemiDude

Reaction score

Pretty sure the backside of mine are outlined white letters

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I went through two sets of the Cooper Discoverer AT3s on my 2014 Ram 1500. Put 100,000 miles on each set. I loved them. They are a bit louder than the stock tires but that will be true with any other all-terrain tire. I drove 95% highway and 5% local roads - no off road. I got them for the looks. I did not see a big difference in the MPGs compared to the factory tires, which I think were Goodyear Wranglers - it wasn't more than a 20 or 25 mile per tankful difference.

I will probably go with them again once the tires wear out on the new truck.

jkm312

Reaction score
I have a set of those on the truck now. No problems with them at all. They handle it all very well for my purposes.

Users who are viewing this thread