5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cooper AT3 XLT - 285/75/18

My1stHemi

Reaction score
I found a clean set of 18in Laramie rims on CL for under $400 last week and then got a set of new oversized coopers mounted. So far I really like this tire. I’ve had coopers on my 3rd gen Cummins and had such a good experience that I decided to give them a try on this new truck.
These tires are pretty much 35’s but have a higher load rating of 4080# which is twice my axel load limit. I have them at 40psi based off of the pressure load charts. The factory falkens (20’s) which are excellentwere inflated at 32psi. I find that these new tires feel more solid but less harsh over rough surfaces. They have a very slight hum on some surfaces but it is not annoying and the stereo on low can easily drown out the sound.
I have the ORP and air suspension. Only at entry level do I have rubs when at full lock in a turn.
I got mine for just over $1200 at discount tire. Always great service.
Ill probably end up spraying these with anthracite plasti-dip 832A7CB7-C569-452C-80E8-7EAD427B6C82.jpeg AF052E52-5085-4018-94B6-FA4A2C2EDF57.jpeg 30C5B511-DA9A-471D-9156-706D24550897.jpeg BE81DEAC-0C07-43EE-9451-953B2E0FC553.jpeg

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I found a clean set of 18in Laramie rims on CL for under $400 last week and then got a set of new oversized coopers mounted. So far I really like this tire. I’ve had coopers on my 3rd gen Cummins and had such a good experience that I decided to give them a try on this new truck.
These tires are pretty much 35’s but have a higher load rating of 4080# which is twice my axel load limit. I have them at 40psi based off of the pressure load charts. The factory falkens (20’s) which are excellentwere inflated at 32psi. I find that these new tires feel more solid but less harsh over rough surfaces. They have a very slight hum on some surfaces but it is not annoying and the stereo on low can easily drown out the sound.
I have the ORP and air suspension. Only at entry level do I have rubs when at full lock in a turn.
I got mine for just over $1200 at discount tire. Always great service.
Ill probably end up spraying these with anthracite plasti-dip View attachment 81176 View attachment 81177 View attachment 81178 View attachment 81179
How many miles did you get out of your falkens ? Would you buy them again. I’m thinking of swapping my duller h/l for falkens, it will cost me about 500. Truck only has 60 miles on it! Thoughts?

My1stHemi

Reaction score
I have 27,xxx on the factory off-road package Falkens. If it were nor for the size I would have stayed with these tires until they wore out. The Falkens are very quiet, smooth riding, great traction and they are lasting a long time and I could easily see someone getting 50,000miles out of a set. I considered the Falken Wildpeak AT3w , which is slightly different from the OEM Falkens AT3wa, but they were much heavier than the Coopers.
Falken discussion

Gitter

Reaction score
Those are great tires! I have been quite impressed with them because they are as quiet as my stock Duelers, seem to be doing well in the snow, and they look so beefy. But the main improvement is the driving improvement. Like you said, more solid (which really helped when towing or cornering).

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those are great tires! I have been quite impressed with them because they are as quiet as my stock Duelers, seem to be doing well in the snow, and they look so beefy. But the main improvement is the driving improvement. Like you said, more solid (which really helped when towing or cornering).
I’ve debated swapping my duelers out for these at3w falkens? Truck has 120 miles on it, I’ve been offered 600 for the duelers. The falkens will cost me 1200 with lifetime rotation, balance and road hazard. These duelers wear funny and fast and the winter traction sucks! My concern with the falkens is ride quality, noise, reduced fuel milage and rock chips? I don’t plan on keeping this truck for over three years and less then 30,000 miles! What are your thoughts on this as you have had experiences with both these tires?

Gitter

Reaction score
I’ve debated swapping my duelers out for these at3w falkens? Truck has 120 miles on it, I’ve been offered 600 for the duelers. The falkens will cost me 1200 with lifetime rotation, balance and road hazard. These duelers wear funny and fast and the winter traction sucks! My concern with the falkens is ride quality, noise, reduced fuel milage and rock chips? I don’t plan on keeping this truck for over three years and less then 30,000 miles! What are your thoughts on this as you have had experiences with both these tires?
I don't have experience with the Falkens, but they were high on my list based on many reviews. Traction will be very good with them and they should be relatively quiet (but not as quiet as the stock tires from what some reviews have said).

Users who are viewing this thread