5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coolant loss

RVTRKN

Reaction score
I researched the water pump, and sure enough they are known for leaks at the pressed in tubes to the heater lines. After looking for small seeping evidence on the pump, I found this
IMG_0621.jpeg
Took it to the dealer and confirmed my suspicion, pump is now ordered and is covered under the 5/60 drivetrain warranty.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I researched the water pump, and sure enough they are known for leaks at the pressed in tubes to the heater lines. After looking for small seeping evidence on the pump, I found this
View attachment 180791
Took it to the dealer and confirmed my suspicion, pump is now ordered and is covered under the 5/60 drivetrain warranty.

Thanks for the update, will check myself just in case.

RVTRKN

Reaction score
Ok, after a couple of cancelations for my appointment from the dealer, I wasn't worried about the delays, as it was functional and no trips on my schedule, the pump was replaced. Now knowing the thermostat should be replaced, not covered under warranty, I included a OE thermostat. The issue was the dealer wanted over $250.00 for just the OE thermostat part. I ordered one online for $50.00 and was not charged labor, as it has to be removed to replace pump. I did OK for the coolant to be flushed @ $170.00, I know its a lot but I just threw them a bone, so the system would have the correct coolant percentage (50/50), as I don't have any real history up to 29K miles. He didn't clean up the coolant at the bottle fill cap, but thats just me being anal. The belt runs so much quieter, I guess the pump shaft had a slight squeak, and maybe the that seal was leaking as well.

Users who are viewing this thread