5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Convince a car guy to buy a 1500 (please)

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't seen much in response to your kayak question, which seems like a big deal (it would be for me). Depending on your kayaks, a roof rack is going to feel the same as getting them on top of your Cherokee.

If you aren't carrying people a lot a Quad Cab is the way to go. I had one with my Titan, and if I didn't have kids in car seats I would still have it. The 6.5 foot bed is more important than people think. I did not have a roof rack for my kayaks, but they were only 10 feet in length (Pungo 100's). I made a DIY kayak stacker wrack like Yakima has out of PVC. Basically just two 2' inverted T's connected by a 3' pole in the center (I can draw it if that doesn't make sense). I didn't glue the PVC so I could break it down real quick and store it in the truck or garage. Those combined with pads, and I could cram 4 kayaks on their sides in the bed of the truck with a flag on the end, or 2 kayaks on one side and bikes/luggage on the other. With a Crew Cab that would not be possible as they would stick out about 4' from the end of the tailgate.

chrisnack

Reaction score
Besides the rack option on a tonneau like the Retrax, you can also get a hitch support for kayaks, so you put in them in the bed and there is a support that goes into the hitch to support the length out of the bed.

1584370875547.png

Paulmg1986

Reaction score
I have the quad cab 4x4 and love it all my kids are younger plus we have an armada as the family vehicle so my truck is for work and play with leveling kit and big nobby tires I haven’t had trouble getting her in and out of anything, it’s quiet smooth and comfortable and has way more pick and power compared to 2015 chevy z71 plus when I bought last June i got an amazing deal! Glad I didn’t wait for the eco diesel release being that i don’t tow to much

ForTehNguyen

Reaction score
1500 Limited is my first truck and loving it after coming from cars. Cant find a car at that same price point that has all the features. Just feels great to throw a buncha of stuff in and not worry if it will fit in a car.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We were a sports sedan and sport SUV family until we bought our '19 Rebel. After moving out of Boston I really began wanting a truck and decided to trade in our 3-row SUV for one. (used the 3rd row twice in three years)

I went and test drove Ford, GMC, Toyota and RAM. Fords were very quick and quiet, but interiors were dull with a lot of cheap plastic. The GMC was worse inside than the Ford, and the only thing that stood out with the 6.2 motor which is a beast. Toyota felt like a throwback, because it is, and that has it's own charms... felt really well put together... but was just so dated I couldn't consider it.

After driving a '19 RAM Limited, I was completely smitten. Unbelievable truck, just a bit outside the hard budget I set for myself. I started hunting for Laramie's but couldn't find one with the right option combination at the time. I started talking to a local dealer about a Rebel, worked out a deal, and couldn't be happier... seriously.

The attention to detail inside the truck... ergonomics, materials, layout, features... still boggles my mind for an "American" vehicle. Power, handling, and breaking are great... the ride even with Duratrac's is phenomenal. As a "family road trip" vehicle, I can't think of anything better... with the exception of fuel mileage which is not great. It's very quiet, smooth, huge amounts of space, and a seemingly infinite number of power sources for electronics.

I'd get the crew cab, because even if you don't regularly have passengers, you can fold up the back seats and the storage inside is immense. I just brought home two 10 ft long kayaks in the bed (short bed) of my truck, resting them on a bed extender with the tailgate down, and they only hung two feet over the end. Also... get the Hemi... deal with the crap gas mileage. It's a great engine otherwise. ORP or North Package is probably a good idea too.

Good luck with your search.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
For those advising you to get a quad cab for the longer bed, the longer bed is also available with crew cabs in most trim levels. The one exception being the Rebel. Obviously the overall length of the truck will be longer with the crew cab long bed, so you'll want to make sure you have room to park it if garage space is limited.

One other thing to remember is the Longhorn and Limited are not available in quad cab.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those advising you to get a quad cab for the longer bed, the longer bed is also available with crew cabs in most trim levels. The one exception being the Rebel. Obviously the overall length of the truck will be longer with the crew cab long bed, so you'll want to make sure you have room to park it if garage space is limited.

One other thing to remember is the Longhorn and Limited are not available in quad cab.
Yeah the LWB takes a certain type of person to drive and use. Not saying it's not-driveable, just saying it's a purpose-built truck. It's when you NEED the cab space AND the bed space. Few people need both and are willing to compromise on parking lot driveability. It also makes it more difficult on trails since you need more ground clearance to get over obstacles.

dgreen1069

Reaction score
I have almost always had a large SUV and sporty sedan in my fleet at the same time. I had two Suburbans prior to ordering the 2003 Ford Excursion that I still have. During that time, I've owned 2-BMW 540i's, a Mercedes S55amg, a Mercedes E55amg, and a Dodge Charger Hellcat. My Hellcat lease expired in February and I was contemplating buying a Ram Power Wagon. My thought was that I would replace my sedan and SUV with a single crew cab pickup truck. My kids are starting to get their own cars now so the fleet is becoming a bit unmanageable.

My dad bought a 2019 Ram Laramie Longhorn back in July. Fast forward a few months and he tells me it is too big for him. He's in his late 70's and is having trouble judging distances and parking the truck was stressful for him. The truck only had 5k miles and he was adamant he was selling it, so I bought it from him. I paid my dad $44k which was the best wholesale offer he received on the truck. The Ram 1500 is not the Power Wagon I was originally looking for, but it is probably the better long term vehicle for my family. I liked the looks and stance of the PW, but the 1500 is quicker, quieter, and smoother and my wife has a Wrangler if I want to go off-roading.

My 2 cents. The interior of my Laramie Longhorn IS as nice as my previous BMW's and Mercedes. Everything is leather, soft touch, and real wood. My rig has heated and cooled front AND rear seats and the rear seats recline. With two teenage kids, the immense room in this truck is necessary and appreciated. The back seat has more legroom than any vehicle I've ever owned except maybe the S55.

The Hemi is almost a no-brainer. My truck has the taller highway gears which limits towing to 8k lbs, but ups the fuel mileage to respectable levels. The truck is incredibly quiet inside. Part of that is due to thicker glass while the other part is because the audio system puts out noise cancelling frequencies like Bose headphones. On the highway, the truck tracks straight as an arrow and the radar cruise control seems to work perfectly. My truck is a crew cab with the 6'4" bed so it does seem long when navigating parking lots. 99% of the time I back in and that helps a lot. My rig also has the park assist feature so it will parallel or perpendicular park itself if needed. I've played with the system once and it parked me perfectly at the local grocery store. Not sure I'll use the feature much, but my wife might.

Can't help you with kayaks as I don't own any. I'd imagine you could haul most in a 6'4" bed without needed to buy anything else. Good luck.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Currently a longtime "car guy" - with a 2018 Camaro SS and a 2016 Cherokee 2wd, which is my first non-sedan/coupe (keeping the Camaro, trading in the Cherokee). I love the Camaro and the Cherokee but man these Ram 1500s have my blood pumping. It's time to trade in the Cherokee so I've trying to figure out my next move.

I've read the enthusiast reviews and I don't think I've ever heard the type of praise I've heard for the 2019-2020 models - I've checked them out in the dealer lot but wanted to throw it out to the Forum before I get serious. I'm reading things like "it's a Mercedes S-class and a pickup all in one" and that sounds great.

My uses: driving "up north Michigan" for fishing (hence the "FlyGuy") with mild off-roading to get to the good spots by the river. Often sandy and unpaved so I'm looking at 4wd, which I've never owned before. I currently don't tow anything but I guess I'd like that capability to tow, say, a 10-foot jonboat. I would like to keep this vehicle for 8-10 years.

I have 2 kayaks so any advice about how to carry those is welcome - I'm getting tired of hoisting those onto the top of the Cherokee. The beds appear too short for them

It's just me and my wife and a dog, we are in our 50s, so don't need the big back seat very often but the Club Cab seems too small for the rare times someone would be riding there.

I've read these are quiet on the highway (is that true?) and I love a good stereo so that's important to me.

Do people find the V6 adequate in power or do most prefer the Hemi?

So I'm wondering if there are any things that you all think I should ponder as I approach this purchase given your experiences. Do you all love these trucks or are there other trucks I should look at? I don't care for the Fords, I would consider a Silverardo, but am open to suggestions.

Thanks all.

FlyGuy
I'm on my third Ram 1500 and my current truck is a 2019 (5th generation). They have all been Quad Cabs and two-wheel drive.

I believe you've indicated that you have a car (Camaro?) and if you don't anticipate putting a lot of miles on a truck the engine choice may not be that important. Of course, you pay about $1100 more for the Hemi. With respect to four-wheel drive you need to decide where this truck may be taking you. I've been on limited access roads with all three of mine and there was never been a problem. My first two had limited slip differentials and I could go just about anywhere my son or his friends could go with their 4x4s. However, I won't kid you, that was always in the dry season. Soft turf or muddy trails would be more problematic. I think 4x4 adds about $2700.

Since all of my children have grown I really don't need a big back seat, so the Quad Cab is great. I've carried adults for relatively short distances and nobody's complained. It's roomy, very comfortable, and very quiet. A full-size truck will give you very good down-the-road vision and when I do occasionally drive a sedan I feel on edge because of the loss of distance vision. Other than a conventional cab (just 2 doors), the Quad Cab in 2-wheel drive will give you the best gas mileage.

I occasionally carry a 850 lb. ATV and tow a light trailer, around 2000 pounds total, and I usually forget it's even back there. I've seen people carry two kayaks many times. They might hang over the open tailgate a little.

If we talk you into a truck is your wife/GF going to be angry with us??

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 17 July 2018. Now at: 031009 miles.

JimD007

Reaction score
My 2019 Tradesman 1500 Crew Cab is my first pickup truck (to own, not to drive). I kept my 2009 BMW convertible too, it is my quick vehicle and my nicer vehicle (A tradesman is not nearly as nice inside as more expensive models). My logic for the purchase is I was getting tired of having to hook up a trailer whenever I want to haul something. And my daughter says the back seat of my convertible is too small for my grandkids car seats. She could put both kids in the back seat of my son in laws 1500 crew cab and still sit between them, however. She did not have space for that in her Durango. So I got a new truck to go with my 10 year old convertible so I can haul people and stuff easier. I got this rack for hauling stuff: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00008BKX5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
You can use it up in the air, I've hauled 17 foot casing that way, or put it out behind the truck for heavier long loads. If your kayaks are 10 feet or less, you need nothing, even with the 5'7" bed I have. If you put the tailgate down, it is almost 8 feet to the end. I hauled a bunch of 10 foot 2x4s home by just strapping them together and to the loops in the bed. For 12 foot or more, something like the above hauler would work. But the truck is already pretty long so you'll have to be a bit careful. You could also put them up but they will be pretty far in the air.

I like the ride of my 1500 but it doesn't ride like a nice car. It really can't and still be capable of hauling 1500+ lbs in the bed. Maybe with the air suspension it rides nicer. But it rides fine. I plan a trip of over 1,000 miles in July and will take the truck. I'm not worried, I've taken it on a few hour to two hour trips and it was in some ways nicer than my convertible.

Sjay

Reaction score
I am a fellow Michigander - and I bought my Ram Big Horn in October of 2019, it was used. 1 day later left for a trip to Florida and absolutely fell in love with my truck. I have the crew cab and would not have bought anything but the crew cab - you will be grateful for the larger backseat.

I bought a soft tonneau for mine and if I had to do it over again , I would have bought a hard top tonneau cover.

Incredible ride at any highway speed, nice radio (8.4) - beutfiul truck.

Get it - you won't regret it.

Gitter

Reaction score
What size kayaks do you have?

Mine is just over 14 feet, so the bed didn't exactly work in my Tacoma's 5 foot bed, so I used a roof rack.

20180210_073136s.jpg

I could have used that bed extender T-thing that goes into the hitch (that Chrisnack shared earlier), but I did not want to deal with the added length when travelling to places I have never been to. I haven't looked into it yet for the Ram's, but a roof rack might work if you have longer kayaks and don't want them hanging too far out the rear.

Initially, I thought it would be harder to load on the roof of a taller vehicle (than my SUV), but I actually found it was actually easier. To get it up there, I would put the nose of the kayak in the bed of the truck and slide it forward to the front of the bed (so now the rear of the kayak is hanging out past the tailgate). I would then get into the bed and prop the nose of the kayak onto the rear roof rack. Then I would get behind the kayak and just slide the kayak forward while lifting the rear of the kayak until it was settled & centered in the saddles of the roof rack.

When I had the SUV, I had to lift the entire kayak up and throw it onto the roof rack from the side of the SUV. I couldn't slide it up over the rear because it would rest on the flimsy rear spoiler thingy (and the bigger angle didn't help).

blackopsram

Reaction score
Currently a longtime "car guy" - with a 2018 Camaro SS and a 2016 Cherokee 2wd, which is my first non-sedan/coupe (keeping the Camaro, trading in the Cherokee). I love the Camaro and the Cherokee but man these Ram 1500s have my blood pumping. It's time to trade in the Cherokee so I've trying to figure out my next move.

I've read the enthusiast reviews and I don't think I've ever heard the type of praise I've heard for the 2019-2020 models - I've checked them out in the dealer lot but wanted to throw it out to the Forum before I get serious. I'm reading things like "it's a Mercedes S-class and a pickup all in one" and that sounds great.

My uses: driving "up north Michigan" for fishing (hence the "FlyGuy") with mild off-roading to get to the good spots by the river. Often sandy and unpaved so I'm looking at 4wd, which I've never owned before. I currently don't tow anything but I guess I'd like that capability to tow, say, a 10-foot jonboat. I would like to keep this vehicle for 8-10 years.

I have 2 kayaks so any advice about how to carry those is welcome - I'm getting tired of hoisting those onto the top of the Cherokee. The beds appear too short for them

It's just me and my wife and a dog, we are in our 50s, so don't need the big back seat very often but the Club Cab seems too small for the rare times someone would be riding there.

I've read these are quiet on the highway (is that true?) and I love a good stereo so that's important to me.

Do people find the V6 adequate in power or do most prefer the Hemi?

So I'm wondering if there are any things that you all think I should ponder as I approach this purchase given your experiences. Do you all love these trucks or are there other trucks I should look at? I don't care for the Fords, I would consider a Silverardo, but am open to suggestions.

Thanks all.

FlyGuy

FlyGuy,

Hope all is well. If you are looking at a new Ram, I would for sure consider it. These trucks are great for anyone who wants a vehicle that is reliable, fun, and comfortable. I'm in Michigan as well, so if you need help finding a good price, I can help you. There are a few reasons I would consider the Ram. First, the interior. I see you have heard the interior is Mercedes quality, which I definitely agree. While I was looking at some new 2019 Rams when they first hit the dealerships, I test drove a Laramie Longhorn. Let me tell you, that was a beautiful truck. The interior was wrapped in cocoa leather and had a wood grain steering wheel. It had the moonroof along with the Alpine sound system. That interior was something special. These trucks definitely have the best interiors in the truck game hands down. I have a Big Horn with the black interior, which is exactly how I wanted it. Ram definitely gives many options for their trucks and their interiors. If you are looking for luxury, I feel that you can definitely get it in any trim.

The second reason I would purchase one of these trucks, (and my personal favorite) is the powertrain and drivetrain. The 5.7 Hemi is a workhorse that provides plenty of horsepower and torque throughout the powerband. But this doesn't mean that you need to get the V6 for the extra MPGs. Because of the MDS and other fuel saving technologies in these trucks, the MPGs are actually pretty decent for the Hemis. For what you need, I would say the Hemi is a better fit since you tow a boat every once in a while and also that you drive up north. The Hemi really shines on the highway compared to the V6. The V6, I feel, is a slouch on the highway. It basically takes full throttle to pass someone if you're going 75 and above, compared to the Hemi which has plenty of power to pass. Also, the Hemi is just a great highway cruiser engine, it's very quiet and smooth. And because of the fuel saver technologies, 20 MPG and above is no problem. So I would definitely recommend the Hemi. Along with the engine, the 8HP75 transmission that is in these trucks is awesome. A short 1st gear for a fast takeoff and a long 8th gear for good MPGs. Also, the 2-7 gears keeps the engine in the power band at any speed. My truck is equipped with the 3.92 rear axle ratio, so takeoff and passing power is even better. Even with the 3.92s, the truck still gets 20 MPG on the highway. The 4X4 system in the truck is strong. In Michigan snow, I put the truck into 4WD auto and forget about it. Never had to use 4WD high or low, the truck has no problem in 4WD auto. Getting stuck has never been an issue or a fear in any Ram I have driven, but I also have Ram's Anti-Spin Differential, so now getting stuck definitely isn't an issue or a fear, haha. But if you can't get a truck with the 3.92 gears or the Anti-Spin Differential, it's not a deal breaker. A truck with neither option is still very strong and capable. I've driven trucks with the 3.21 gears and the open differential and traction was never an issue. So the truck will be able to do the off-roading you need it to.

My third reason is the amount of space these trucks have. I see you are looking at which cab size to get, and I would recommend the crew cab. I have sat in the quad cab, and it wasn't too bad for a 5 minute drive, but not big enough for a road trip with 4 or 5 adults. The crew cab for the new 2019 Rams and up has an extra 4 inches of over length over the last generation, so it is very spacious and comfortable. My family has a few of these trucks, so I have been in the back seat a few times for a few hours at a time with no problem. Cruising on the highway in the backseat makes you feel like you are riding in a big limo, haha. Now, I see you have kayaks and are wondering what you can do with them. I'll take a guess and say your kayaks are about 10 feet long? The 5 foot 7 inch bed has a good amount of room, but you could always get the 6 foot 4 inch bed and strap them down, or you could strap them to the roof if you have a roof rack.

The fourth and final reason is the ride comfort and noise level. The suspension is smooth, the transmission shifts are smooth, and the engine is smooth. Inside, the noise level from the road and engine is almost non existant. The Active Noise Cancellation System does a really good job at keeping the cabin quiet at all times. Also, I see you are looking for a good stereo. The standard system in the Tradesman through Rebel is plenty, it is clear and has a strong bass level. Now you could always upgrade to the Alpine or get it standard on the Laramie or up, but the standard stereo is great. The Alpine is a great system as well. Now if you want even more, the Harmon Kardon system is optional on the Laramie and up. All these sound systems are great, so you really can't go wrong.

I see you are also looking at the Silverado as well. I would test drive one and decide for yourself which one you like better. But when you compare the Ram and the Silverado, The interior on the Ram is much better, hands down. Everything from the space to the materials to the technology, Ram definitely is much better. Now capability wise, the 5.7 Hemi will out perform the 5.3. But the 6.2 and the 5.7 Hemi, I find, are very similar. I've driven both and both are very strong engines. I wouldn't say the 6.2 is faster, I would say the trucks are pretty even matched. It really depends on the driver. But these trucks weren't built to be raced, they were built to last. Both will last, but which one do you want to ride in for hours on end and thousands of miles? I decided the Ram because the Silverados just did not impress me.

Now some things to think about. I would see what your monthly payments for the truck would be all together, (monthly payment, gas, insurance, service intervals, etc.) so that you can decide how to configure your truck along with what dealership will give you the best price. Another thing to think about is how you want to take care of your truck. I see you want to buy it, so I would come up with a plan on what fluids and parts you would want to use when servicing your truck. This forum is very helpful with that, so I would do a few basic searches to see what others recommend and how it works for them. Just some things to think about and research so you are ready when buying the truck.

I hope that I helped you with some of the decision-making process when it comes to buying a new Ram. These trucks are fun and reliable, so I think you will be happy if you decide to buy one. I am definitely happy with mine.

Have a good one, Black Ops Ram

Last edited:

FlyGuy

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the great replies. On the Kayak question, I have both a 10 footer and 12 footer but most often use the 10 footer. The bed extender is really the kind of thing I’m looking for because I’m just tired of lifting it onto the top rack of my Cherokee.

I think I’ve decided that I would go with the hemi but I will certainly drive both. With the downturn (but with the plant closing) I’m going to wait to see what kind of deals come and I also want to make sure that I’m still employed in this very uncertain economy

Appreciate all your replies

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the great replies. On the Kayak question, I have both a 10 footer and 12 footer but most often use the 10 footer. The bed extender is really the kind of thing I’m looking for because I’m just tired of lifting it onto the top rack of my Cherokee.

I think I’ve decided that I would go with the hemi but I will certainly drive both. With the downturn (but with the plant closing) I’m going to wait to see what kind of deals come and I also want to make sure that I’m still employed in this very uncertain economy

Appreciate all your replies
Always smart to wait till you keep the job to pay for it...

Do consider that some forum members are complaining about gas mileage with the hemi and 3.92’s. See the various mpg threads. (I get pretty good mpg’s but I have 3.21.)

My son has the 6’4” bed (he never knew he had bought the longer bed till we parked our 19’s side by side...) and he has no issues with parking. It’s about 9” longer but even his wife has no problem parking it. 360 camera’s do help there.

Can’t tell you what trim level to get, Big Horn is the price point for deals, Ltd or Longhorn is on the other end. With Laramie right in between you’ve got a lot of choice. I’m sure you’ll find one.

Lastly, look over the hundreds of pages of purchasing threads, especially the latest entries for the more current rebates, incentives, out the door prices and dealers that were aggressive.

Good luck!

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Besides the rack option on a tonneau like the Retrax, you can also get a hitch support for kayaks, so you put in them in the bed and there is a support that goes into the hitch to support the length out of the bed.

View attachment 49695
This is exactly what I was going to suggest. I have a truck cap on my truck, and I have crew cab, and I use that set up above to haul 16' lumber. I used to put 2 kayaks in the bed of my old truck, you just stack them sideways, bungee them together, then run a strap over the top just like in that picture. And tie a red shop rag to the end so people see it :ROFLMAO: .

As for your other questions:

1. Get the V8. Better resale, little difference in fuel economy and longer build history. I would skip the E-torque if you aren't doing a ton of city driving.

2. Yes, it is high end sedan quiet. Around 80 you'll start to hear some wind noise but it is a huge truck.

3. If you don't plan on hauling anything real tall, get a truck cap. I have a Leer, A.R.E. makes good ones too, Snugtop, etc. It turns the back into a huge locked trunk that you can hose down. I use my truck for work (property rehab/construction) and the combo of the crew cab and cap is hard to beat. If I don't have anyone with me I can haul expensive tools in the cab, and a load of junk in the back. Or a load of drywall or plywood. A lot of times I'll do both in the back - with the cap top down, there's no wind at all in the back so I can drop the tailgate and carry 12' 2xs and toolboxes and air compressors at the same time.

4. Get the 4wd. I have owned trucks my whole life, up north and down south, and I have never said "gee, I wish this truck didn't have 4wd" but I have said the opposite many times!

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This is exactly what I was going to suggest. I have a truck cap on my truck, and I have crew cab, and I use that set up above to haul 16' lumber. I used to put 2 kayaks in the bed of my old truck, you just stack them sideways, bungee them together, then run a strap over the top just like in that picture. And tie a red shop rag to the end so people see it :ROFLMAO: .

As for your other questions:

1. Get the V8. Better resale, little difference in fuel economy and longer build history. I would skip the E-torque if you aren't doing a ton of city driving.

2. Yes, it is high end sedan quiet. Around 80 you'll start to hear some wind noise but it is a huge truck.

3. If you don't plan on hauling anything real tall, get a truck cap. I have a Leer, A.R.E. makes good ones too, Snugtop, etc. It turns the back into a huge locked trunk that you can hose down. I use my truck for work (property rehab/construction) and the combo of the crew cab and cap is hard to beat. If I don't have anyone with me I can haul expensive tools in the cab, and a load of junk in the back. Or a load of drywall or plywood. A lot of times I'll do both in the back - with the cap top down, there's no wind at all in the back so I can drop the tailgate and carry 12' 2xs and toolboxes and air compressors at the same time.

4. Get the 4wd. I have owned trucks my whole life, up north and down south, and I have never said "gee, I wish this truck didn't have 4wd" but I have said the opposite many times!
Excellent suggestions, all of them.
While I think the 4x option is spendy, I bought it more for resale than anything, as in central NC it’s not really needed (we just stay home in bad weather). The availability of the 4A setting is a good help on very wet roads though.
I would say that if a person really doesn’t want the 4x, then definitely get the “anti-spin” differential and that will likely suffice (in mild climate areas).

steveved

Reaction score
Dude, get the Ram. I too have a 2018 Camaro. I have a ZL1 with a 6 speed manual. And I have towed my Camaro with the Ram. This is a fantastic truck.

Attachments

• IMG-20191012-WA0000.jpeg
    IMG-20191012-WA0000.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 10

Users who are viewing this thread