5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Converted!

stevie_zebco

Reaction score
Hey guys! I recently purchased a new 2020 Ram 1500 Sport in patriot blue. It replaces a 2008 Nissan Titan, so a bit of an upgrade hehe
I'm really enjoying it so far and i already have some mods on the way/done to her. Just got the front windows tinted today, had a paint protector film put on the front bumper and little plastic parts under the headlights. I have Westin HDX wheel to wheel step down nerf bars on the way, and Fuel Contra wheels wrapped in Toyo open country mud terrains also coming. Next on the list will probably be a cold air intake, and possibly some sort of tuner to take the throttle delay away.
Anywais, exited for my new truck, if you have any tips and tricks just shoot them my way!
Thanks in advance

Steve

HookerPilot18

Reaction score
Enjoy your new truck! Welcome to the forum. Enough information on here to make your head spin but you can learn a lot from these guys!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and congratulations!!

Pls add your truck's vitals to your signature when you have a moment.
This makes it easier for other folks to help in case you have questions or concerns about your vehicle.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Congrats on your new truck, and great color choice! Enjoy your new hobby.

Seadweller23

Reaction score
Hey guys! I recently purchased a new 2020 Ram 1500 Sport in patriot blue. It replaces a 2008 Nissan Titan, so a bit of an upgrade hehe
I'm really enjoying it so far and i already have some mods on the way/done to her. Just got the front windows tinted today, had a paint protector film put on the front bumper and little plastic parts under the headlights. I have Westin HDX wheel to wheel step down nerf bars on the way, and Fuel Contra wheels wrapped in Toyo open country mud terrains also coming. Next on the list will probably be a cold air intake, and possibly some sort of tuner to take the throttle delay away.
Anywais, exited for my new truck, if you have any tips and tricks just shoot them my way!
Thanks in advance

Steve
Steve, Please post a pic. I would love to see your new tires and wheels compared to the original. Thanks!

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome from a previous 2008 Titan owner as well! I really miss it, but I needed the extra cab space, and the new Titans are just bad.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome from a previous 2008 Titan owner as well! I really miss it, but I needed the extra cab space, and the new Titans are just bad.
You drive a brand new Ram and you miss a 2008 Titan?????????????????

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You drive a brand new Ram and you miss a 2008 Titan?????????????????
If my Titan was a Crew Cab I'd still have it. It was paid for, it was lifted where I wanted it, I had upgraded my stereo, and it would run a sub 5.5 sec 60 on 34's. In terms of power and drive train, the Ram is not an upgrade. The leather was almost as good as the day I got it, with one small crack in the arm rest. My 2 year old was basically touching his chest with his knees, even with the front seat moved forward to where someone couldn't sit in it.

Yeah the Ram's great, and all the features are really nice, but in 12 years of ownership I had 2 problems with my Titan. Front pinion seal and manifolds.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If my Titan was a Crew Cab I'd still have it. It was paid for, it was lifted where I wanted it, I had upgraded my stereo, and it would run a sub 5.5 sec 60 on 34's. In terms of power and drive train, the Ram is not an upgrade. The leather was almost as good as the day I got it, with one small crack in the arm rest. My 2 year old was basically touching his chest with his knees, even with the front seat moved forward to where someone couldn't sit in it.

Yeah the Ram's great, and all the features are really nice, but in 12 years of ownership I had 2 problems with my Titan. Front pinion seal and manifolds.
The first gen titans were my favorite trucks when they first came out. Gen 2.5 looks pretty nice though!

Welcome to the forums btw Stevie!

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I owned a 2004 LE and loved that one, as a matter of fact the person I sold it to still drives it. :)

stevie_zebco

Reaction score

I had just the one issue with mine in 13 years and 190000km radiator blew 45000km in, but that’s it, every thing else was normal wear and tear. Was a great truck, just starting to show its age is all, and the reason for the trade

Users who are viewing this thread