5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Continued frustration

omalley72

Reaction score
I have my truck for 7 days now and have never been so frustrated with a new vehicle. I continue to have electrical problems...
First, the right side map light will not turn off, stays on while the truck is running. Pulled the bulb for the time being
Second, on multiple occasions I have had zero audio (stereo, sensors, turn signals, etc...) then out of nowhere it comes back on.
Third, when selecting remote start, the seat and steering wheel heaters do not turn on ( turned on in UConnect)
What's next? It's really starting to get old!!

Brrryan

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your troubles man. I had to replace my map light assembly early on for a somewhat similar issue. Otherwise, maybe try disconnecting your battery for that electrical issue. A little reset may clear it up. As for the remote start, is the truck sensing it’s below 40F at the time? I also was getting frustrated with this, but realized due to parking in my garage, my truck was reading temps above 40. Good luck brother!

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have my truck for 7 days now and have never been so frustrated with a new vehicle. I continue to have electrical problems...
First, the right side map light will not turn off, stays on while the truck is running. Pulled the bulb for the time being
Second, on multiple occasions I have had zero audio (stereo, sensors, turn signals, etc...) then out of nowhere it comes back on.
Third, when selecting remote start, the seat and steering wheel heaters do not turn on ( turned on in UConnect)

Sorry about the issues with your truck. What trim / options do you have? (fill in your truck info in your sig and it'll be the last time you have to tell people what you have, lol)

Have you made an app with your dealer yet to resolve these issues? Sounds to me like you may have a defective radio / uconnect unit.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I'm not sure about your light issue. The heated wheel and seats only come on when the temperature is below 40 degrees Fahrenheit. Cooled seats come on automatically above 80. In addition, if you have a low battery or a charging system fault, the system goes into electrical load reduction mode and can/will switch off the following items: Heated Seats, Vented Seats, Heated Wheel, Rear Defroster and Heated Mirrors, HVAC system, 115V AC Power Inverter System, Audio and Telematics. So maybe you have a bad battery and/or charging system that is shedding loads or something draining your battery down when the truck is parked. That might explain the audio coming back out of nowhere.

omalley72

Reaction score
Good to know about the temp requirement, I wasn't aware of that. Regarding the light and audio issue, I have disconnected the battery for about an hour but had no effect on those issues. I have an appointment with the dealer on Thursday but something tells me that they won't be able to replicate the audio issue. Other than these little electrical issues, I love the truck. I have some goodies on order...can't wait to get started!

PTRAM

Reaction score
My overhead map light on the drivers side would come on sometimes but mainly wouldn't. They ordered a part and the work order says "replaced console" and not sure what that means, but it works fine now. They did have to order a part that took a week or so, but it was no big deal that one map light didn't work. My most minor problem and won't list any others here.

Users who are viewing this thread