5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Console rear power outlet removal

elcid2000

Reaction score
Does anyone have a diagram or know how to remove the console rear outlet? I need to replace since the cover broke. Thanks!

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
This is as much as I know.

Attachments

• 23 - Body_Interior_CONSOLE, Floor, End Cap_Removal and Installation REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION.pdf
    222.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 08 - Electrical_8W - Power Distribution_OUTLET, Power_Removal and Installation 115 VOLT OUTLE...pdf
    6.8 KB · Views: 64

elcid2000

Reaction score
This is as much as I know.
That’s what I needed! I appreciate it! It mentions disconnecting the battery. Do you have to do that just to switch out the outlet? I know it’s plug and play. I’m sure it’s a safety thing overall.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
That’s what I needed! I appreciate it! It mentions disconnecting the battery. Do you have to do that just to switch out the outlet? I know it’s plug and play. I’m sure it’s a safety thing overall.
They say that for anything electrical. Personally, I wouldn't, because it can take a couple hours for everything to come back online.

elcid2000

Reaction score
They say that for anything electrical. Personally, I wouldn't, because it can take a couple hours for everything to come back online.
Thank you for the help! It’s exactly what I was looking for and knew someone had to have it. That’s why I love these boards.

maasman

Reaction score
Just signed up to the forum, looking for directions on how to remove the rear center console sufficiently to replace the rear pwr outlet (broken cap/cover). I read the instructions posted by richard320 (thank you for those), but I am stuck like Chuck. Seems I have one last "thing" to unclip/unscrew and I'll be in the clear, but I need help before I break something. It's a '21 1500 Limited Longhorn, and the picture shows the USB charging cluster that needs to come out, it's the sides that are still holding onto something?? Top and bottom clips are out and it's real loose but something's keeping it in. Any thoughts? Many thanks for any tips.

Attachments

• Rear USB Console.jpg
    Rear USB Console.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 25

maasman

Reaction score
Well...I feel stupid. I wound up finding an image of the 'rear console end cap' assembly from the backside, which matched up exactly to one of the instruction pix in the PDF from richard320. Muh bad. I wound up just replacing the outlet w/o removing the end cap by reaching my hand through the top and finagling the wire harness off/on the outlet after snapping it in. Mission accomplished though, no dealer rip-off.

Users who are viewing this thread