5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Console lights dim with wiper delay

Lobbies

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Month and a half in and I couldn't be happier.

While driving the other day (day time, bright out)it started raining so I threw the wipers on the delay setting and the interior console lighting dimmed as if I turned the lights on (lights were on auto). If I turn the wipers to low or high the console lights lit back up like they are supposed to.

Only happens in the delay setting.

This a thing or is it just me?

Thanks

Lobby

BTK

Reaction score
There's a setting in uconnect to turn on headlights (and dimming dash), when whippers are on. So, you're good to go.

Lobbies

Reaction score
But why would the dash dim on delay and not low speed or high speed?

But I will give the settings a look. Don't quite understand that one. It's not always dark when the wipers are needed.

Lobby

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Month and a half in and I couldn't be happier.

While driving the other day (day time, bright out)it started raining so I threw the wipers on the delay setting and the interior console lighting dimmed as if I turned the lights on (lights were on auto). If I turn the wipers to low or high the console lights lit back up like they are supposed to.

Only happens in the delay setting.

This a thing or is it just me?

Thanks

Lobby
Same thing happened to me today. Thanks for posting.

LonghornLove

Reaction score
The exact same thing happened to me today. I thought I was imagining things and was relieved to find this post. I’ll be checking the setting in the morning to see if that addresses the issue. Screen is so dim it’s unreadable.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
But why would the dash dim on delay and not low speed or high speed?

But I will give the settings a look. Don't quite understand that one. It's not always dark when the wipers are needed.

Some states require headlights to be on in the rain, but like you I'd have expected it on low and high also.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This has been an issue for years now. Since my warranty expires this year, I took my truck in Monday for a few items, and this was one of them. I mentioned to the tech that my old GM truck from 2006 was able to adjust the interior lighting accordingly, but a '21 Ram couldn't. He said that they aren't GM! Crappy attitude. I explained that just because my lights are on, doesn't mean the dash should go into night mode. The sensor on the top of the dash should adjust the interior lights based on sensing exterior lighting. His fix after checking for a programming update is to adjust the dial to max setting when during the day and adjust the setting to preference at night.

This is just a programming issue and the developers at Stellantis are doing a horrible job when the entire truck today is electronic and requires programming. It shouldn't be too difficult to design this.

LonghornLove

Reaction score
I checked the wiper setting and it was indeed set to have the headlights turn on when the wipers are on but I’ve only noticed the issue when the wipers are set to intermittent, not low or high. I went ahead and turned this setting off because I can’t live with the dim and unreadable dash display when I frequently use the intermittent wiper setting. I do agree with scottmoyer’s assessment regarding the poor programming and the dash should really be controlled by the sensor based on the exterior lighting conditions. It is what it is and I love enough about the truck to live with this going forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online