5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Considering upgrading from a 2016 Big Horn.

HawkeyeRecon

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm new to this forum but was hoping to get some feedback from you all. I currently have a 2016 2WD Big Horn with a 5.7 Hemi. It has a lot of upgrades and I really enjoy driving it.
My local dealership has a 2019 4wd Big Horn with the black appearance package that includes a sunroof. It has a 3.92 axle and the level 2 upgrades. MSRP is $55k but it is marked down to $44k.
It looks amazing and would have several additions that I don't currently have. I don't need 4wd but wish I had it. Just nervous about potentially trading in something I've had good luck with for an unknown. Also the silver that I currently have hides dirt whereas black shows dirt.
Does the new generation have many issues? The warranty is short which bothers me.
Any feedback from people who liked their gen 4 and have gone gen 5?

sgk

Reaction score
Hi and welcome, I would suggest looking up some other threads with various issues. I can tell you I dont have any yet but there are some with many problems and lots of visits to the dealer. A perfect thread is on a poll of "hows your Ram driving?" or something similar. you can see how many on here have issues and what type of issues they are.
I can tell you one thing out of all the msg.i read on here I think only 1 regretted upgrading to the 5th gen. Most absolutely love it and rides so much better than any truck or vehicle they have had.

Users who are viewing this thread