5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Considering picking up a used 3.0

Davidbt

Reaction score
I've owned 2 different 6.7 Cummins and really miss the torque when pulling a trailer. I know all about the HPFP and have been here watching how everyone has been dealing with it. I won't be daily driving the truck and it will mostly pull our 26' 5,500lb travel trailer and do 45 minutes to an hour trips around our county on the weekends. My biggest question is how do they do the start/stop feature in the 3.0? The truck I have now is in my signature. Thanks

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You got the answer you were looking for but I'll chime in to say I'm pulling almost the exact same size trailer around the North Carolina Mountains and it tows like a dream. I don't have a way to compare it to the Hemi but I think you'll be very happy with it.

Davidbt

Reaction score
Thanks. I've been reading that people are getting around 12-14 mpgs with around the same size trailer. My Hemi gets 10ish on a good day. This truck is a buy back, same year as mine. Only 30,000+/- miles, Laramie. I'm not sure I can pull it off with the interest rates. I'm retired and really don't have that much disposable income, and really don't need to extend a new loan. I just can't keep from looking, they're like eye candy to me.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks. I've been reading that people are getting around 12-14 mpgs with around the same size trailer. My Hemi gets 10ish on a good day. This truck is a buy back, same year as mine. Only 30,000+/- miles, Laramie. I'm not sure I can pull it off with the interest rates. I'm retired and really don't have that much disposable income, and really don't need to extend a new loan. I just can't keep from looking, they're like eye candy to me.
If it's a buy back I'd be very cautious.
I have 142,000km on my ecodiesel and love it. I tow a lot in the winter and it does fantastic. The low end torque really makes it effortless.
I've been GDE tuned since 100,000km.

Sent from my SM-S911W using Tapatalk

Davidbt

Reaction score
If it's a buy back I'd be very cautious.
I have 142,000km on my ecodiesel and love it. I tow a lot in the winter and it does fantastic. The low end torque really makes it effortless.
I've been GDE tuned since 100,000km.

Sent from my SM-S911W using Tapatalk
Thanks for info

Users who are viewing this thread