5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Considering a Switch to Ram

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
3.92 are worth the little mpg you lose over 3.21. Even if you don’t tow it just makes the truck more responsive. Plus the increase in towing if you do ever need to tow something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Peppy

Reaction score
Yeah I spent many a years making fun of dodge, and here I am.

So far so good, one thing I wish the engineered was auto folding mirrors when you park.
Otherwise no complaints

jorballs

Reaction score
Hi all,

Still looking around and contemplating my choices and I have a few questions that have come up and I'm curious if you guys can help me out at all.

I'm getting close to being ready to go price shopping, so I'm interested in hearing what dealership you worked with worked well for you guys? I know and have seen the names Criswell, Koons, Lakeland, etc. I'm willing to travel for the right deal, so if anyone wanted to send over a recommendation and maybe even some contact info if applicable, I'd be all for it. I will also of course message a number of local dealerships as well.

Do all ecodiesels come with a block heater or is it specifically only an individual add-on/cold weather package thing?

Anyone have any insight on general ballpark costs for vehicle shipping (obviously aware of the fact that mileage and other variables will have an impact)?

Are there any reports or issues of towing issues when going from a 5'7 bed to a 6'4 bed? I've done some searching the forums but haven't turned much up. I still feel like I'm rather privy to the standard bed as opposed to the short bed, but if it will cause any issues with towing, then that might break the deal.

Anyone know what the protection package on a Laramie weighs?

Anyone have handy or know where I could find the most comprehensive list for what various packages and options add to vehicle weight when keeping payload and the like in mind? I know of a post that someone made referencing items available on a limited build and their weights but just curious if there's anything I might've missed.

Thanks in advance for any help!

vegaskeith

Reaction score
I think you option selection is spot on, level 2. I have a 2020 Limited 3.0, 3.21 axle. I always get 550-600 miles out of a standard tank. I drive 12 miles to work every day, never any issues in 4,000 miles with diesel. Average 25/28 MPG. I have got 30 MPG at 75 MPH all day long. Forget the roof.

jorballs

Reaction score
I think you option selection is spot on, level 2. I have a 2020 Limited 3.0, 3.21 axle. I always get 550-600 miles out of a standard tank. I drive 12 miles to work every day, never any issues in 4,000 miles with diesel. Average 25/28 MPG. I have got 30 MPG at 75 MPH all day long. Forget the roof.

What’s your payload with that config? Limited looks nice but a little more stuff than I need or want and I feel like those pigs get heavy real quick.

vegaskeith

Reaction score
Not sure on payload, but a loaded Laramie is approaching Limited pricing, I love the air suspension x10. Drive one.

Users who are viewing this thread