5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Considering a 2019 Laramie Crew Cab...

ders0

Reaction score
I'm also in MN, within a week of getting my truck I noticed the advantage of Anti Slip on that 12/1 storm we had. Get it.

Second, it's a large amount of money, get what you want the first time around or you'll probably regret it. I ordered and received my truck in 5 weeks. 5 weeks went pretty fast.

And third, if you are in the Twin Cities, 18%-20% off MSRP is fairly easy to obtain - mine was 26% off MSRP on an ordered truck. Push back, dealers are hungry around here...

Thanks this helps to hear. Anti-slip it is. I am in the twin cities - Do you mind me asking what dealer you worked with?

ders0

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are any differences in the interior for the Laramie for the sport package vs the black appearance package? I know on the window sticker for the black appearance packages it says it has an "upgraded full length floor console" and also the ram charger. Does the sport package also include these features? Is the only actual difference between the two that the black package has the 22" rims and black badges/lighting?

foolsh1

Reaction score
I remember, seeing something about the suede insert being different, but I am NOT sure? Also something about the radio bezel trim? But again I saw it on a youtube video, so I have no proof!, the Exhaust tips are blacked out, I think there is much else? Black's nice when it's clean, but one day of rain will ruin that! :confused:

ders0

Reaction score
Well I'm impatient so today I bought a big horn... :D

I decided the black appearance package was too much for me and my selection of trucks with ram box within hundreds of miles of me on lots is very minimal so I got a nice loaded big horn with the ram boxes and with the incentives how they are paid more than I could have gotten a laramie with decent options for, but oh well. The Big Horn is plenty for me.

A couple pictures, but with it being the winter solstice today it was quite dark by the time I got home from the dealer.

IMG_2206.jpg IMG_2205.jpg IMG_2207.jpg

God this thing drives great...

Already a handful of issues that will require dealer visits, but i know that's the nature of it.

I knew something was weird with the ram boxes before I even test drove it when I saw the two trucks I was looking at parked up front when I arrived at the dealer and I tried to open the boxes and one opened and the other didn't. I assumed it had to do with the locks or maybe it wasn't fully latched. Once I agreed to buy I checked again and sure enough one of the ram box switches doesn't operate. And when opened with the key manually the light in the box also doesn't function. So definitely a wiring issue to that box that will need to be corrected.

Now here's the funny part - The same box also apparently has a latch issue. When the dealer went to "clean it up" while I was doing paperwork and prep the truck for delivery to me I saw them drive out and that ram box was open. Thought nothing of it, but then once I got the truck home my wife and I went to buffalo wild wings for dinner and the same ram box flew open on the road even thought it was securely latched and the button doesn't even operate. This happened on both the drive there and the way home. So apparently the latch also has an issue, but it seems very secure when the truck is at rest. I try to pry it open with my fingers and it doesn't come unlatched, but while driving it's now happened twice in the 4x I've driven it.

Last item so far - The cab light dimmer knob/wheel also does nothing. So my cab is always very dimly lit.

Oh and one more thing. Not sure if my dealer typed my VIN wrong or what, but in the email they sent me with all my owners manual info and what are supposed to be my vehicle details when I click the Owner Support+ link I get this error.

mopar issue.png

Hopefully all this stuff can be corrected.

The truck drives and rides amazing and I love it. Annoying to have issues off the bat, but oh well. Not too surprised unfortunately...

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congrats, man! What a beauty with the snow back drop. One thing I'll point out- I had the same problem with my dimmer switch but I found it only works with the engine on. Try that out and see if that works for you!

ders0

Reaction score
Congrats, man! What a beauty with the snow back drop. One thing I'll point out- I had the same problem with my dimmer switch but I found it only works with the engine on. Try that out and see if that works for you!

Ahh unfortunately mine does it with the engine on as well. We actually noticed both that issue and the ram box issue while still with the sales guy after the purchase doing the "hey let me show you all the features of your new vehicle", but of course by the time we found the issues it was 5:10 and all the service techs left at 5:00 so it was either leave the truck there until after christmas when they could get to it, or take it home and bring it back to them or another dealer later. Oh well....

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ahh unfortunately mine does it with the engine on as well. We actually noticed both that issue and the ram box issue while still with the sales guy after the purchase doing the "hey let me show you all the features of your new vehicle", but of course by the time we found the issues it was 5:10 and all the service techs left at 5:00 so it was either leave the truck there until after christmas when they could get to it, or take it home and bring it back to them or another dealer later. Oh well....
Was there too last weekend, haha. "Just get me off this lot" sorta thing. I may think the dimmer issue is standard with having to have the engine on or just short on the ignition switch but maybe someone else can chime in. That would just be another thing I need to add to my dealer list if it is an issue lol.

Users who are viewing this thread