5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CONQUEST CASH INCENTIVE / OFFER

Marusho

Reaction score
I had an idea that I could research the available "Conquest Cash" offers that were available for owners of a competitive manufacturer's truck. Like all questions regarding Ram, this is no simple task. Here's what I learned. Hopefully, others can contribute scraps of information and experiences and get us closer to the true story.

On September 9, 2018 I filled in the inquiry form here:
https://www.chrysler.com/webselfservice/chrysler/index.html
This is the text of my inquiry:
I understand that there is a CONQUEST CASH incentive of $1000 for current owners of competitive pickups. Can you confirm this and give me a link where I can read the conditions and see the program number? Thanks.

Here is the response I received:

Dear Ralph:
Thank you for contacting RAM.
You have reached the New Vehicle Information Center. According to our resources, the most appropriate department to address this inquiry would be the FCA US Rebate/Incentive Headquarters. They can be reached directly at 1-800-227-0757; Monday through Friday from 8 am to 8 pm EST.
If you have further questions, please feel free to reply to this email. You may also call us on our toll-free number at 1-800-964-0600. When you call, I can connect you directly to our Chrysler Incentive Assistance Center, providing your call is during the hours of operation.
Thank you for your email, Ralph. Have a wonderful day.
Sincerely,
Jennifer
RAM Product Information Center

I did as instructed and called at 1:40pm September 12, 2018. (You may be reading this 5 years from now, thus I include the year.) I was told the wait time would be less than 10 minutes and in fact, it was 5 minutes.
I was told, and remember this information is from a person who does nothing else 40 hours a week except to answer this type of inquiry, that she could "see", based on my region (mid-Atlantic) that there was such an offer, and that it began September 5.

She couldn't tell me

* When it ended, though she said it was likely October 1, 2018, after which there would likely be another similar offer

* The dollar amount

* The Program Number or conditions

She said "only your hairdresser knows for sure". In actuality she said only my dealer knows the answers.

I'm a "just the facts ma'am" kind of guy. Facts are not FCA's stock in trade. It is frustrating that virtually all Ram questions, questions to which the answers should be knowable, end up as a thread on a forum where folks like us try to imagine the answers.

I like things in writing because there are always "gotchas". As far as this mythical Conquest Cash, here are some questions which could be answered if FCA would put the offer in writing: What competitive vehicles are included? Is there an age limit, such as "owners of 2014-2018 full-size pickups". Suppose you sell your old pickup the week before purchase to make your down payment? Are you no longer a "current owner"? How about a month? Suppose the truck is in your wife's name and the Ram will be in your name? I'm sure you can imagine other questions.

Some salespeople might be happy to oblige you if you made an inquiry, but I don't have the energy to play phone tag with my guy, who has never been in touch in the 124 days since I placed my order. There are sales staff on this forum who may know more about this, so I'm hoping they will contribute some specifics about this subject.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been wondering if a 2002 Diesel Excursion would qualify so interested to hear what you learn.

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
According to this it has to be a light duty or heavy duty pickup.

562F0D15-655D-428E-9151-6601D0A0C2F9.jpeg

Marusho

Reaction score
This is great information, thanks. My sales documents don't mention a "Sales Type" of 1 or B, so can someone explain what Sales Types there are and where one might encounter these codes?

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2003 Diesel Excursion. I'm interested also.

Does your registration with your state classify it as a passenger vehicle? Or a pickup? You probably have some leverage depending on its classification.

In all honestly, an excursion is not a pickup else you cut the top off and turned it into a bed LOL even though the frame is heavy duty it is a 7 passenger suv but can you call it a cap! Lol

Couchsachraga

Reaction score
And I'm hoping a '96 F350 will (or 2007 LR3); particularly as both are being sold and replaced by the Ram (when they finally get around to building it;)

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My ‘03 GMC 1500HD qualified. There is no vehicle age limit that I’m aware of. I had to provide proof of ownership and current registration.

robeward

Reaction score
Any update on this? I am headed to buy a truck tomorrow if all goes well. I had another dealer bring this up so I mentioned it. The one I am visiting tomorrow was not aware of it. When I Google it, it seems to be active until the end of the year.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181227-222919.png
    Screenshot_20181227-222919.png
    211.5 KB · Views: 37

South Texas Aggie

Reaction score
In Texas, the dealer required the body style to be “PK” (pickup) on the vehicle’s title. I traded an Escalade EXT and there was a question as to whether it qualified. It did.

Marusho

Reaction score
It worked for me in Virginia October 25, 2018. I cannot imagine how a sales person isn't aware of it. I'd avoid someone that ill-advised. My vehicle was a 2000 F150. I presented the registration.

robeward

Reaction score
Bought the truck yesterday. I will update my signature but it was a Laramie. Not sure how they missed it but I took my registration and knocked another $1000 off no questions asked. Really put the sweet spot on an already food deal I feel like. Pays to be I formed. Thanks to everyone up here. This forum has been invaluable in this process. We also called the incentive hotline on the way up and they told us every incentive that was active with codes. We must have.lucked up and got a good person.

U

User_3336

I know this is an old thread, but 38CK5 seems to still exist for the $1000, BUT would it work on a 2019 Ram Classic.
All the trims I've seen it work for say "All New 1500"......... Anyone know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online