5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connection error Android Auto (2019 Ram Rebel and Google Pixel 6 Pro)

evanxrs

Reaction score
I recently got a new phone (Google Pixel 6 Pro). It has the lastest software and Android Auto app is up to date. Recently on drives everything seems to be working fine and then the music stops and 2 seconds later I get "There has been a connection error with this device."

I have a 2019 Ram Rebel. I will unplug it and then plug it in like 5 min later and it will work. Sometimes it will happen again shortly after. Try the same thing and then work again. Once after an hour drive it would not work with reconnecting. After the truck was off over night next time it was plugged in it worked. It is a new cable. USB to UBC C and both truck ports work. I am gonna try my USB c to USB c cable to see if that has any issues.

Any advice??

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

MNMEAD

Reaction score
In my 2022 I've had nothing but issues with AA and S10+. I live in MN and when it is below 20 degrees (Every morning for 3 months) it will not connect. I drive for 10 minutes while the interior of the truck and radio itself warm up a bit, do a soft reset of the radio while driving, and then it will connect. On warmer days I have vastly fewer, but still prevalent connection issues. Does not matter if it is wired or wireless, I have incessant connectivity issues. It will connect and disconnect every 15 seconds for my entire 30 minute commute to work or home unless I hold power down on the radio till it restarts. Its been like this since I got the truck in November. Phone and truck are fully updated. I've been scouring the internet for solutions for two months now and all I can come up with is that the newer generation phones and AA don't play nice. Hopefully someone else has suggestions but I think AA just kind of sucks and there is no good answer.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In my 2022 I've had nothing but issues with AA and S10+. I live in MN and when it is below 20 degrees (Every morning for 3 months) it will not connect. I drive for 10 minutes while the interior of the truck and radio itself warm up a bit, do a soft reset of the radio while driving, and then it will connect. On warmer days I have vastly fewer, but still prevalent connection issues. Does not matter if it is wired or wireless, I have incessant connectivity issues. It will connect and disconnect every 15 seconds for my entire 30 minute commute to work or home unless I hold power down on the radio till it restarts. Its been like this since I got the truck in November. Phone and truck are fully updated. I've been scouring the internet for solutions for two months now and all I can come up with is that the newer generation phones and AA don't play nice. Hopefully someone else has suggestions but I think AA just kind of sucks and there is no good answer.
I have intermittent connection issues with Android Auto...but never have an issue with same phone and same cord in my 2021 Jeep Cherokee Limited. Basically the same head unit so go figure.

Jgbstetson

Reaction score
Also have the pixel 6 pro and have similar connection issue, whether it's wired or wireless.

evanxrs

Reaction score
Thanks for the article. I'll consider buying this if I run into the issues again. I was using a usb to ubs c when I was having the issues. I bought a usb c to USB c and have not had the issues since, Lucky my 2019 Ram 1500 Rebel has usb c ports also. It has been since I posted and no issues since. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's sad Google went from "Do no evil" to just break all the things. Gobble up everything, then ruin it and retire it.

Users who are viewing this thread