5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connecting to Uconnect

1500V8

Reaction score
Anyone have issues connecting their phone to Uconnect? I have a Galaxy S10+ and my phone will not recognize Uconnect to pair. I have not been successful- what am I missing?

RJS

Reaction score
Both my old S20 and new S21 pair easily with my 19 Ram. Have you gone into the bluetooth app and initiated pairing mode. If so, can another phone see the Uconnect and pair. If not, probably time for the dealer.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've not had any issues with an S20 Ultra and an S20+.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Never had a problem with my Note 9.
You can use this link for detailed instructions if needed. Allows you to select specific vehicle and phone models and provides step-by-step in case you missed something somehow. If it still doesn't work, I'd hit up the dealer.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
S10+ here and no problem...not even sure what to recommend. Have you tried another phone?

1500V8

Reaction score
Both my old S20 and new S21 pair easily with my 19 Ram. Have you gone into the bluetooth app and initiated pairing mode. If so, can another phone see the Uconnect and pair. If not, probably time for the dealer.
My S20+ doesn't find the Uconnect in Bluetooth pairing mode- have tried it numerous times. How can the dealer help?

RJS

Reaction score
My S20+ doesn't find the Uconnect in Bluetooth pairing mode- have tried it numerous times. How can the dealer help?
If it's only your phone then the dealer is not an option. If Uconnent won't pair with other phones then it's probably a Uconnect issue and the dealer would need to find the issue and/or replace the faulty parts.
To pair the new S21 I just went to bluetooth in the apps and it found my phone and paired easily. Do you have bluetooth turned on in the S20.

Gitter

Reaction score
Worked fine with my Note 20 Ultra and my wife's S20.

Another way you can try is with the USB cable and Android Auto (AA). When doing the initial setup of AA with a new car, it also does the Bluetooth pairing automatically (because AA uses a combo of USB and BT to work best).

Make sure your phone is unlocked so you can see the popups that will be asking for permissions. I can't remember, but you may also need to set the parking brake before AA will allow you to finish the initial setup/pairing.

1500V8

Reaction score
If it's only your phone then the dealer is not an option. If Uconnent won't pair with other phones then it's probably a Uconnect issue and the dealer would need to find the issue and/or replace the faulty parts.
To pair the new S21 I just went to bluetooth in the apps and it found my phone and paired easily. Do you have bluetooth turned on in the S20.
Yes, the bluetooth is on for my S20. My phone will not find Uconnect when scanning. Maybe I am confused- my phone will pair with my Ram 1500 for calls and text messages, but it won't find uconnect when I go to add device. Is Uconnect different from the phone pairing? And what is the Uconnect app for. Sorry for all the questions!! When I load the app, it says "No active subscriptions available".

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If it's paired for Bluetooth calls then you're done with wireless setup for your phone. You can also plug your phone into one of the USB ports under the radio to use Android Auto to mirror your phone's screen on the bigger touchscreen to control more than just calls/texts.
The Uconnect system has a couple different subscription services available depending on how your truck came equipped such as remote start from your phone app, SOS emergency service, XM Traffic, WIFI Hotspot, etc. They are not required to use your phone in the truck. See this link- https://www.driveuconnect.com/sirius-xm-guardian.html

1500V8

Reaction score
If it's paired for Bluetooth calls then you're done with wireless setup for your phone. You can also plug your phone into one of the USB ports under the radio to use Android Auto to mirror your phone's screen on the bigger touchscreen to control more than just calls/texts.
The Uconnect system has a couple different subscription services available depending on how your truck came equipped such as remote start from your phone app, SOS emergency service, XM Traffic, WIFI Hotspot, etc. They are not required to use your phone in the truck. See this link- https://www.driveuconnect.com/sirius-xm-guardian.html
That makes sense- the Uconnect app requires a paid subscription- no wonder I couldn't get it to pair! Thank you for explaining it.

Nels

Reaction score
I have a galaxy s10. Bought my 2019 Ram in October 2020. Phone has always paired just fine with bluetooth and works to make and receive calls and to receive text messages. But to this day it has never loaded contacts from my phone. It says the device is not supported. There are other threads on this site with others saying the same thing. Do those of you with s20's have this issue?
There's also the remaining mystery of why we can't use talk to text via bluetooth, without using Android auto, but that's a whole different discussion.

vincentw56

Reaction score
The Uconnect app has nothing to do with the display. It is for remote start/lock/unlock of the truck and requires a subscription.

vincentw56

Reaction score
I have a galaxy s10. Bought my 2019 Ram in October 2020. Phone has always paired just fine with bluetooth and works to make and receive calls and to receive text messages. But to this day it has never loaded contacts from my phone. It says the device is not supported. There are other threads on this site with others saying the same thing. Do those of you with s20's have this issue?
There's also the remaining mystery of why we can't use talk to text via bluetooth, without using Android auto, but that's a whole different discussion.
I have no issues with my S20. There's a pop up that comes up asking for permission on the phone. Make sure it is unlocked so you can see it. The reason you can't use Google Assistant with out Android Auto is because you are only using the phones Bluetooth connection and not USB. The truck doesn't support wireless projection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online