5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confused on which lift/level to get with the ORP???

Bctexascrazy1

Reaction score
Truck is a 2021 Laramie night edition with the ORP. I want to go with a good level kit that rides good and will clear the 35x12.5r20 or may go 22s not sure yet, but I like the practicality of a 3.5 lift, I just don’t want to go with a big 6” for a daily driver and parking garages, also I haven’t really seen people respond on how the factory bilsteins perform when doing a level, I’m just confused cause some say use and some say don’t use preload spacer with the readylift..

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
3.5" lift with 35s will ride stiffer. If you want to keep most of the good ride the truck has now look at 4" lifts or swap out for adjustable coilovers. The 2" mopar lift gets good reviews as well. With your ORP springs it would be more than a 2" lift in the front.

35s and preload spacers are what stiffens up the ride in the 3.5" lift as the factory springs are variable rate springs. The more they are compressed the stiffer they will respond. 35s are generally a load range higher than what you have stock.

Also, you don't have factory Bilsteins unless you purchased a Rebel or TRX.

Last edited:

Bctexascrazy1

Reaction score
So technically if I bought a mopar lift with the fox shocks it will technically be a 3” lift in front since the factory orp gives u an extra “ lift with the springs?

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
That's not really how it works. You would be replacing your factory Hitachi shock with a Fox racing shock that has a small preload spacer on it that gives the extra height. There is an entire thread on the 2" Mopar lift that covers the changes with adding ORP springs. I believe most were getting around 2.25 - 2.75" of lift depending on how their truck is optioned out with ORP springs. It's a good read if you want to go that route.

Bctexascrazy1

Reaction score
I just want a nice plush ride and for it to clear the 35x12.50s, I seen a few threads on the lifts but a lot of them were dated back in 2019 so I figured more products and trial and era has happened since then. See on my 15 ram sport I got the bilstein 5100s and they’re set at max 2.7 with some mevotech control arms and a 1” daystar spacer in the rear with bilsteins and I’ve been happy with it the past 6 years but the ball joints wore quick on them UVA’s, and I had to trim the inner fender wells to clear them..which I don’t mind, just curious what people are going with on orp equipped trucks

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
im in same boat i have a rebel and i think im gonna go with the blitsteins 6112 and 5100 on rears .. do i need to change my control arms also what rear shocks does the rebel come with?

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
I just want a nice plush ride and for it to clear the 35x12.50s, I seen a few threads on the lifts but a lot of them were dated back in 2019 so I figured more products and trial and era has happened since then. See on my 15 ram sport I got the bilstein 5100s and they’re set at max 2.7 with some mevotech control arms and a 1” daystar spacer in the rear with bilsteins and I’ve been happy with it the past 6 years but the ball joints wore quick on them UVA’s, and I had to trim the inner fender wells to clear them..which I don’t mind, just curious what people are going with on orp equipped trucks
Need more info from you to give you a quality answer. What offset are you looking at for wheels? What is your budget for the lift only?

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
im in same boat i have a rebel and i think im gonna go with the blitsteins 6112 and 5100 on rears .. do i need to change my control arms also what rear shocks does the rebel come with?
6112s will ride nearly as well as the stock Bilsteins you have on your truck. Just a tad stiffer as they are made for on and off road use. The 6112s will come with a new linear spring so you can max the preload on them with no effect to the feel of them. If you are going with 35s that will change the ride slightly.

You do not need new UCAs with the 6112s. They would be good insurance if you plan on being off payment often.

The stock Rebel shocks are the 4600 series. So, the 5100 will be a minimal upgrade.

Last edited:

Bctexascrazy1

Reaction score
Need more info from you to give you a quality answer. What offset are you looking at for wheels? What is your budget for the lift only?
They’re gonna be 20x10 -18 offset with 35 12.5s , I see pretty much all levels still require trimming plastic in the wells that’s fine I had to do that on my 15 ram, I don’t mind coil overs but don’t want to get them and them not lift enough to clear 35s, I’m to the point just thinking bout the bds 4” but if I’m gonna go through that much labor might as well do the 6” with coil overs , but don’t want my truck that tall for a daily

Bctexascrazy1

Reaction score
Has many had luck with readylift and not install preload spacer, I like that kit cause it levels the rear up as well, but I hear pros and cons on ride quality but I can always put bilsteins with it

LithiaRam

Reaction score
Truck is a 2021 Laramie night edition with the ORP. I want to go with a good level kit that rides good and will clear the 35x12.5r20 or may go 22s not sure yet, but I like the practicality of a 3.5 lift, I just don’t want to go with a big 6” for a daily driver and parking garages, also I haven’t really seen people respond on how the factory bilsteins perform when doing a level, I’m just confused cause some say use and some say don’t use preload spacer with the readylift..
Did you settle on what you’re going to do? Sounds like I’m looking for the same setup and am considering the Mopar Lift w/ ORG springs. Trying to find info on how that turned out for everyone.

Bctexascrazy1

Reaction score
Did you settle on what you’re going to do? Sounds like I’m looking for the same setup and am considering the Mopar Lift w/ ORG springs. Trying to find info on how that turned out for everyone.
I’m still in the air, I would do the Mopar lift but I hear with the orp springs it rides horrible, I’m on waiting list for the bilsteins, I just don’t want to try a ton on options til I’m happy, I had bilsteins on my 15 and loved them, just want to clear the 35s without having to get a grinder to my fenders

Users who are viewing this thread