5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confused on UCA needs

RX9790

Reaction score
Read dozens of threads and swear I am more lost than before. Ram has so many options and suspensions. I have a 2022 2wd Bighorn V6 EcoTorque CrewCab 5.7 ft bed. I have the Maxtrac 3" leveling kit #1628/832125. Did not realize I needed UCA and am not sure what to get. I would like the Mopar if they will work but need part number(s). The ones I found say they dont work on my model. Can someone point me in the right direction? My last ram was a 99 1500 4wd so this setup is foreign to me lol. I do not want to get it all apart and find I have the wrong UCA.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Why not get the ones from Maxtrac since you have their kit?

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, I can call them and let them figure it out. Thanks.
I think all of us are confused how you could get a kit without UCAs. You aren't clear if it is actually installed yet, but it really couldn't be installed without different UCAs. Droop on the lift wouldn't allow a tire to be put on (unless you got those reverse steamrollers?), and I would assume Maxtrac would have either included them or made perfectly clear at purchase or in descriptions and advertising that you must purchase UCAs.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I think all of us are confused how you could get a kit without UCAs. You aren't clear if it is actually installed yet, but it really couldn't be installed without different UCAs. Droop on the lift wouldn't allow a tire to be put on (unless you got those reverse steamrollers?), and I would assume Maxtrac would have either included them or made perfectly clear at purchase or in descriptions and advertising that you must purchase UCAs.
Not much confusion. You can get a kit without them. Maxtrac didn't even have the UCA when they made their kits. Now they do.

RX9790

Reaction score
MaxTrac Leveling Kits - Dodge - RAM 1500 - MaxTrac Suspension Store None of these kits have them. This suspension is new to me and I did not research well, got too excited and got the spacers alone. I lifted my telluride and Wrangler with just spacers. No, Maxtrac never mentioned needing UCA, I learned that here.

RX9790

Reaction score
No, nothing installed yet, still making sure I have all I need. I did get a set of UCA from Maxtrac. Not sure what reverse steamroller tires are but I plan on Black Rhino Abrams rims and 33" KO2s. Factory seems to be around 32" so 33" should be fine, not going real wide or anything.

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No, nothing installed yet, still making sure I have all I need. I did get a set of UCA from Maxtrac. Not sure what reverse steamroller tires are but I plan on Black Rhino Abrams rims and 33" KO2s. Factory seems to be around 32" so 33" should be fine, not going real wide or anything.

OMG, I wasn't sure either, so I googled "reverse steamroller". Whatever you do, do NOT read the definition in Urban Dictionary!
:sick:

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ha! This is what might clear the stock UCA. Regardless, the stock ball joint wouldn’t live long.
58B5DEBA-2C49-4A55-85AA-D1495FCC14A1.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread