5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

confused about mopar vehicle protection

60Vette

Reaction score
Have had FCA US LLC and Mopar Direct send me information and talked about extended warranty for my RAM 1500 and confused by who is the actual administrator and if what they both sell as extended warranties are the same item or different in some form or fashion.
Mopar Direct sells their plan for quite a bit less, about $750 less, $2230.00 with $100.00 deductible, and says it is bumper to bumper coverage. They offer a military discount along with being less expensive up front.
One plan, to compare apples to apples, is a 5 year extension of the 36000 mile plan, taking it too 8 years/85000 miles.
FCA US LLC is 5 year extension, to 8 years /85000 miles. Cost of this plan is $2988 with no discounts.
Again, are what each of them selling in fact the same plan and coverage or is Mopar Direct just playing games and trying to make people believe they are buying exactly what Fiat Chrysler is selling?
I couldn't get straight answers to determine what is what. Please advise as to which way to go or completely back off and look to other third party plans. Thanks for your knowledge and time to help.

Wsmith

Reaction score
Don't go 3rd party. I bought an FCA maxcare warranty through Ziegler. 8/125k $200 deductible for $2,350 using the PAYINFULL promo code. Check their website for comparison. I believe Mopar Direct is legit but I am not sure. There are several threads on here concerning extended warranties, check them out.

Users who are viewing this thread