5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confused About E-torque Cost

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Last year when i was eyeing Rebels with etorque, i could have sworn it was an additonal cost of like 895.00. But now when i am looking at window stickers, the regular Hemi is showing a cost of 1495 where as the etorque showing 1695, a variance of only 200 dollars...

I am sure i am missing something but i just can't seem to figure it out?

Thanks!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Last year when i was eyeing Rebels with etorque, i could have sworn it was an additonal cost of like 895.00. But now when i am looking at window stickers, the regular Hemi is showing a cost of 1495 where as the etorque showing 1695, a variance of only 200 dollars...

I am sure i am missing something but i just can't seem to figure it out?

Thanks!
Nope...that’s it.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm assuming the take rate of the ET was low at first, so they adjusted the price premium to make it more attractive.
It was $800 at first, and the take rate was way too high (in 2018 / early 2019) for supply, so they ratcheted it up for a long time.

Now they’ve dropped it. Is it because they have plenty? Want to up their fleet average? COVID? Or simply because they adjusted base pricing? I’m not sure that’s clear.

Regardless, I personally see it as a no-brainer at current pricing.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
thanks for all the replies y'all... I just found it so hard to believe because them dropping the price 700 bucks is NOT usually the way FCA rolls, so i thought i HAD to be missin' somethin... But i guess there's always a "first time" : )

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It was $800 at first, and the take rate was way too high (in 2018 / early 2019) for supply, so they ratcheted it up for a long time.

Now they’ve dropped it. Is it because they have plenty? Want to up their fleet average? COVID? Or simply because they adjusted base pricing? I’m not sure that’s clear.

Regardless, I personally see it as a no-brainer at current pricing.
Definitely not from Covid. Got mine in January and the ET premium was only $200 then as well. You're probably right about trying to up their fleet average or maybe the building it into a higher base price. For someone like me who is just leasing, sure it's a no-brainer. Why not give it a go? But for someone who buys to keep it a long time, I'm not sure I'd want the added complexity, unknown reliability, and possible repair headaches that could come from ET with very little (or no) real world benefit.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely not from Covid. Got mine in January and the ET premium was only $200 then as well. You're probably right about trying to up their fleet average or maybe the building it into a higher base price. For someone like me who is just leasing, sure it's a no-brainer. Why not give it a go? But for someone who buys to keep it a long time, I'm not sure I'd want the added complexity, unknown reliability, and possible repair headaches that could come from ET with very little (or no) real world benefit.
Note that I’m the second “someone” in your example. I’ve had 2+ years of trouble-free eTorque performance so far (ordered May 2018, delivered September). I ordered exactly what I wanted with the intent to keep this truck for 10+ years. Knowing that eTorque would be covered under the 8/80 emissions warranty didn’t hurt, and I purchased a lifetime MaxCare warranty for other systems. Granted, the system has proven to provide only a small real-world benefit in fuel economy (<1 mpg, per thousands of vehicles tracked on Fuelly). But it launches a bit better and handles stop/start flawlessly. For $200, based on my experience, I’d order it again.

Users who are viewing this thread