5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Conflict between Preferred Package 25Z and 25Z Level 2 Equipment Group

UKreject

Reaction score
Just bought 2019 Bighorn crew cab 4x4. On window sticker it has Preferred Package 25Z with LED lights, Trailer Tow Group which includes Power Trailer-Tow mirrors with Manual Fold Away. and Bed Utility Group. Then it has 25Z Level 2 Equipment Group which has Power Folding Mirrors and also a Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover in the Package. The Dealer is installing the tonneau cover gratis but is baulking at the power fold mirrors. Dealer states Pkg. 25Z supercedes Pkg 25Z Level 2 equip group. If so, why am I getting the cover? Am I just old and confused or am I being screwed? Comments or action plan appreciated.

RPeezy

Reaction score
It's the Trailer Tow Group that is causing the problem, and it's a pretty common gripe. The Preferred Package is a just a collection of common packages/options, and this one contains the Trailer Tow Group.

See Below:

Can't say whether or not you are getting screwed, but if so, it's by Ram, and not the dealer.

NDRam

Reaction score
I was told that if I wanted power folding I could not have towing mirrors.

UKreject

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. It seems I will have to live with actually getting out of the truck and folding them manually. (Such a hard life I live). I'm still happy I got tow Mirrors. In normal position, i.e. Convex mirror vertical, I can see all of the next lane over. No blind spot at all. I do prefer this design mirror over standard one. :)

cotonymopar

Reaction score
I like my new mirrors with the smaller rounder mirror in the corners of the smaller ones, I have the tow package, but the smaller power folding mirrors... I like them much better than the towing mirrors, I do not tow as much...

Chris

Reaction score
I didn't know the level two comes with the bed cover. It certainly didn't come with my Laramie, at least not in August when I ordered.

Chris

Reaction score
I like my new mirrors with the smaller rounder mirror in the corners of the smaller ones, I have the tow package, but the smaller power folding mirrors... I like them much better than the towing mirrors, I do not tow as much...
You have the trailer brake controller, which is different then the tow package. Tow package is just the brake controller plus the mirrors on the Laramie and Limited.

UKreject

Reaction score
I didn't know the level two comes with the bed cover. It certainly didn't come with my Laramie, at least not in August when I ordered.
It was a surprise to me also. Dealer told me it was either a spray in bedliner or cover. However, on looking at the window sticker the truck was spec for both.

cotonymopar

Reaction score
You have the trailer brake controller, which is different then the tow package. Tow package is just the brake controller plus the mirrors on the Laramie and Limited.
ya, the dealer told me tow package... what I got is what I wanted... thanks for the clarification

Users who are viewing this thread